Hammock
    11 ft DIY 1.6 HyperD Diamd Ripstop
    Tarp
    UGQ WD 13 End Mods
    Insulation
    Hammock Gear
    Suspension
    Ultimate Straps
    Hey all! I just got off the phone with GSX-rboy750/ JP and he asked me to update this thread for him because he got himself banned here on HF. So, he has listed the hang on the BushCraftForum site. He is on there as Pierre.
    Here's the link: https://bushcraftusa.com/forum/threa.../#post-5916667
    ◘ May 17-19: BACONFEST @ Interstate WI SP ◘ Oct 3-6: miCHILIgan @ Middleville, MI ◘ YouTube: karlawithak216 ◘ Instagram: i.am.karla.with.a.k ◘ 97 months

Hammock
    WBB
    Tarp
    Superfly
    Insulation
    woobie
    Suspension
    straps/ whoopies
    Watching this thread

Hammock
    Gold Armour 10.4
    Tarp
    Gold Armour 10x12
    Insulation
    DIY synthetic 30*
    Suspension
    Spider straps
    Are a pulk and some snowshoes essential for this event?

Hammock
    Raven, SLD Streamliner
    Tarp
    Hanger11WB,WntrHvn
    Insulation
    HG,UGQ,JrB
    Suspension
    UCR's
    Images
    I'd say yes. Looks like forest service roads, so my guess is they're not plowed. Most likely hauling gear in so plan accordingly.

Hammock
    Gold Armour 10.4
    Tarp
    Gold Armour 10x12
    Insulation
    DIY synthetic 30*
    Suspension
    Spider straps
    I found a set of Redfeather shoes for 35 bucks. They look to be in good shape, now I need some snow. We are 10" behind in rain/moisture, and just a couple inches on the ground. I will see how much practice I can get in, and how my underquilt situation shapes up.
    I would rather wait a year than be unprepared for the trip.

Hammock
    Jacks-R-better bridge
    Tarp
    Hammock Gear
    Insulation
    JRB Top & Bottom
    Suspension
    Whoopie Slings
    I'm bringing ice gear and will have an auger.

Hammock
    11 ft DIY 1.6 HyperD Diamd Ripstop
    Tarp
    UGQ WD 13 End Mods
    Insulation
    Hammock Gear
    Suspension
    Ultimate Straps
    Posted on JP's request:

1. Link to the thread on BushCraftUSA: https://bushcraftusa.com/forum/threa.../#post-5916667

2. OK so it's getting close. Hoping everyone is still excited. I have been working a ton but went out to the site to take some pictures. my number is 414 four 2 six four 8 zero nine. IF you need some help getting out there hollar!

3.PLAN A The site in RED is the Scott Lakes Campsite. The road there is plowed, there is plenty of parking. The area in blue is high ground that looks over the lake which I would say will be the actual group site. You can see it is pretty close. This site both in red and blue is easily accessible. START here. It will be obvious if we are here or at plan B.

3. PLAN B is the backup or good condition site.The site IN GREEN is also a campsite but has a smaller area. However this road (3865) 2.5 miles off the main road is NOT plowed and a 1 way road. Cars would need to park together at the end right by the site and or car pool if the road is bad

4. Current conditions allowed for travel to both sites but we are suppose to get some snow this week which may take Plan B out for non 4x4s. I plan on bringing my 4x4 truck and 1 snowmobile, small folding ice shanty with stove to establish a fishing camp.

5. Here is a link from the Grocery store in Three lakes to the camp site. https://www.google.com/maps/dir/Scot...45.7968868!3e0
    If the weather was really bad we could plan a pick up here from people with city cars.

6. I think the area is a fantastic bushcraft area, great hammock area. plenty of room for hot tents. plenty of lakes 3 to explore.
    7. Anyone with a HAM radio we could use a family channel during the campout to have some group communication. I know on some of these campouts people need their space and some need gathering. so there is plenty of room.

8. Also I plan on bringing a big pork shoulder I raised to smoke one day.

9. If you have any questions, please reach out to Pierre on the BushCraftUSA thread.
    ◘ May 17-19: BACONFEST @ Interstate WI SP ◘ Oct 3-6: miCHILIgan @ Middleville, MI ◘ YouTube: karlawithak216 ◘ Instagram: i.am.karla.with.a.k ◘ 97 months

Hammock
    Jacks-R-better bridge
    Tarp
    Hammock Gear
    Insulation
    JRB Top & Bottom
    Suspension
    Whoopie Slings
    I was out to the site on Sunday. The main forest road was passable, but that was before the 8" of snow we got in Eagle River. There may be less snow south of Three Lakes closer to the site. There are no amenities like picnic tables, outhouse, etc. Not trying to discourage anyone, just letting people know what to expect. I do not plan to hang as I will have my dog with me, and he has a very short coat and does not do well in extreme cold. I will be going to ground and using a cot and a hot shelter of some sort. Because of the dog, I will not be arriving until Friday morning and then hopefully staying until Sunday. Hope to see everyone.

• + New Posts
  • Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123