Hammock
    BIAS and Dream hammock
    Tarp
    UGQ winter tarp
    Insulation
    UGQ underquilt.
    Suspension
    Cinch buckles
    Unfortunately I have stomach flu and will not be there. Have fun.

Hammock
    Warbonnet Blackbird XLC, Haven Safa
    Tarp
    Warbonnet Superfly
    Insulation
    Snugpak cocoon
    Suspension
    Whoopie Slings
    Wish I could make it too. I would really like to go. Y'all have fun.

Hammock
    SLD Trail Lair
    Tarp
    WB Minfly
    Alright... I am hitting the the road. ETA is 5:00 - 5:30
    Lou

Hammock
    DIY 11’ netless
    Tarp
    Eno Profly
    Insulation
    HG
    Suspension
    DIY Amsteel UCR
    Just getting to Rolla
    My ETA is around 5pm as well

Hammock
    El Dorado
    Tarp
    Varies
    Insulation
    UQ varies
    Suspension
    Whoopie
    Hi y'all. I didn't see this until the 6th.

And it was cold.
    I mean it was too late to talk my wife into letting me go and play in the woods overnight.

I regretted not getting the chance to join since you seem to be just a little bit away from me.

How did it all go?

我宁愿在山上。

Hammock
    Blackbird XLC
    Tarp
    Mamajamba
    Insulation
    Wooki
    The 6th MO Frozen Butt Hang was held and I believe all had a good time. We had a feast at the pot luck with Twenty’s superb chili (I think the recipe is secret as he admitted it contained Missouri mushrooms when our discussion later turned to those delicacies), plus hot and barbeque wings, and real Italian sausage and bread from the Hill. The only occupants at the CG, two pull camper units, could not believe a hammock would work in such temperatures. We proceeded up Stegall later morning on Saturday and selected a site north of the ridge for protection from southerly winds and rain.

The weather worked for us and against us, with the colder temperatures we desired, with a low of 15 on Friday night and sub freezing most of Saturday. The rain and overcast however, prevented our desired views of sunset and sunrise from Stegall Mountain. The combination created a good test for hammock gear and I don’t believe any gear problems surfaced. The event was attended by four; twenty below, Anioutdoor, Ozark and myself. Anioutdoor salvaged much of Saturday afternoon for us with his Tyvek fire tarp which allowed us to keep the fire going as long as we wanted. The tarp was an affordable and effective tool for a rainy campfire. Heavier and more steady rain after 7PM shut everything down early however. Thanks to all who made the hang a fun event. I look forward to something being planned for 2022/23 for another winter hang.

Hammock
    SLD Trail Lair
    Tarp
    Warbonnet Edge
    Insulation
    Wooki UQ; LL/HG TQ
    Suspension
    CL w/ Tensa 4
    Quote Originally Posted by runners_low View Post
    The 6th MO Frozen Butt Hang was held and I believe all had a good time. We had a feast at the pot luck with Twenty’s superb chili (I think the recipe is secret as he admitted it contained Missouri mushrooms when our discussion later turned to those delicacies), plus hot and barbeque wings, and real Italian sausage and bread from the Hill. The only occupants at the CG, two pull camper units, could not believe a hammock would work in such temperatures. We proceeded up Stegall later morning on Saturday and selected a site north of the ridge for protection from southerly winds and rain.

The weather worked for us and against us, with the colder temperatures we desired, with a low of 15 on Friday night and sub freezing most of Saturday. The rain and overcast however, prevented our desired views of sunset and sunrise from Stegall Mountain. The combination created a good test for hammock gear and I don’t believe any gear problems surfaced. The event was attended by four; twenty below, Anioutdoor, Ozark and myself. Anioutdoor salvaged much of Saturday afternoon for us with his Tyvek fire tarp which allowed us to keep the fire going as long as we wanted. The tarp was an affordable and effective tool for a rainy campfire. Heavier and more steady rain after 7PM shut everything down early however. Thanks to all who made the hang a fun event. I look forward to something being planned for 2022/23 for another winter hang.
    Thank you for posting a report of the trip, Runners_low! After missing these past two years, I’m resolving to make it next year. I’m glad the tradition continues! Thanks, TwentyBelow for reminding me this year that it was coming up! NEXT YEAR!

Hammock
    DIY 11’ netless
    Tarp
    Eno Profly
    Insulation
    HG
    Suspension
    DIY Amsteel UCR
    This trip was the first time I’ve slept in my hammock somewhere other than my own yard, and the first time I’ve slept in it two nights in a row as well.
    I definitely learned some lessons like take down your trekking poles before sleeping when it’s raining (in case the wind shifts in the middle of the night), and always use a stand for your gas canister when cooking on an aluminum table.
    Thanks to Ozark for the genuine sausage and canoeing stories.
    Thanks to twentybelow for the yummy chili and chicken coop talk.
    Thanks to runners_low for the cookies and doing the grunt work of cutting & hauling the firewood in advance.
    I had a great time for my first real camping trip in years.

These clips and photos were mainly taken for my own sake, but I threw them into an app I have and got this:
    https://files.catbox.moe/7347fq.mov

Hammock
    SLD Trail Lair
    Tarp
    Warbonnet Edge
    Insulation
    Wooki UQ; LL/HG TQ
    Suspension
    CL w/ Tensa 4
    Quote Originally Posted by AniOutdoor View Post
    This trip was the first time I’ve slept in my hammock somewhere other than my own yard, and the first time I’ve slept in it two nights in a row as well.
    I definitely learned some lessons like take down your trekking poles before sleeping when it’s raining (in case the wind shifts in the middle of the night), and always use a stand for your gas canister when cooking on an aluminum table.
    Thanks to runners_low for the cookies and doing the grunt work of cutting & hauling the firewood in advance.

These clips and photos were mainly taken for my own sake, but I threw them into an app I have and got this:
    Nice montage of clips and photos! Looks like it was fun even though rainy!

Hammock
    Blackbird XLC
    Tarp
    Mamajamba
    Insulation
    Wooki
    Quote Originally Posted by AniOutdoor View Post

Thanks for the video clip. I was impressed with your table, the likes of which I have never seen before. From the picture it appears to fold in multiple directions. I was curious how you got that into you backpack. Please give me more details about it. Your set up was impressive.

Joe

• + New Posts
  • Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast