Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Hammock
    Wide Chameleon
    Suspension
    Straps & Buckles
    Quote Originally Posted by tomykay12 View Post
    https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0889RP5YN...roduct_details

Well, I bought this one. 20 bux. We are storming here in so cal right now. I'll look at it in a day or so. Its not the lightest thing...

But it does have the specs you were looking for.

If you think about it after you take it out, report back if it’s a thumbs up 👍

Hammock
    one wind 11' wide
    Tarp
    one wind 12'
    Insulation
    SLD, UGQ, LL, JRB
    Suspension
    UCR
    I looked at the link and the first thing that stands out for me is that it has grommets on it. No thanks!

well, I took it out of the stuff sack last nite. It looks well enough made with reinforced corners. NO GROMMETS. Each corner has a well sewn on pair of black loops, about 3/8" wide, with a weird black plastic thing in the loops that looks like a cam lock of sorts but doesn't seem to be quite functional. Probly just use it to tie off the guy lines. I'll put a pair of small s biners or something on the peak corners to attach prusiks and a CRL. Came with cheap stakes and plenty of cordage. Benign greyish greenish color. Tough to get back in the stuff sack, even without the stakes and cord. Ill put it in a snake that costs as much as the tarp, lol. 20 bux/free shipping? I like it
    Last edited by tomykay12; 12-15-2021 at 19:31.

Hammock
    Wide Chameleon
    Suspension
    Straps & Buckles
    well, I took it out of the stuff sack last nite. It looks well enough made with reinforced corners. NO GROMMETS. Each corner has a well sewn on pair of black loops, about 3/8" wide, with a weird black plastic thing in the loops that looks like a cam lock of sorts but doesn't seem to be quite functional. Probly just use it to tie off the guy lines. I'll put a pair of small s biners or something on the peak corners to attach prusiks and a CRL. Came with cheap stakes and plenty of cordage. Benign greyish greenish color. Tough to get back in the stuff sack, even without the stakes and cord. Ill put it in a snake that costs as much as the tarp, lol. 20 bux/free shipping? I like it
    Good to know.

The cam lock thingy might be called line locks. When threaded correctly, they hold quite well. Are they like this?

https://hammockgear.com/lineloc-3-single/

Or this?

https://www.amazon.com/Zephyr-Mini-L...35711783&psc=1

yes, that is the thing, hammock gear/ linelock, I did play with them a bit and got them to grip

Hammock
    SLD Trail Lair & WB Ridgerunner
    Tarp
    HG 12ft. Sil Poly
    Insulation
    SLD Trail Winder
    Suspension
    Whoopie Slings
    Quote Originally Posted by cmoulder View Post
    This always boils down to "Light - quality - cheap... pick any two..."

HG Quest (and there are others) is quality with a fair compromise of the other two.

Early on in my hammock journey I got one off Amazon and it's pretty good and my rare car-camp go-to. Nice to have something besides a primo DCF tarp to be baked by UV rays and shat and splat upon. I still don't know how slugs get onto a tarp.

Attachment 187201
    100% agree with the Quest. A great compromise of weight and quality and cost.
    ~ Rerun

In 100 years it won't make any difference...

Hammock
    Wide Chameleon
    Suspension
    Straps & Buckles
    yes, that is the thing, hammock gear/ linelock, I did play with them a bit and got them to grip
    Glad I could help. Some times not knowing what something is called can make a search for info on it difficult.

I’ve retrofitted two tarps with linelocks and it does help with dialing in tarp guy line tension.

Enjoy your new tarp and getting out in the woods.

Hammock
    SLD Trail Lair
    Tarp
    BWD Winter Dream
    Insulation
    HG Phoenix 20 deg
    Suspension
    Daisy Chain
    Quote Originally Posted by lorazepam View Post
    This one is the one I have been using car camping. https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07C3PWWX7...t_details&th=1 It has a bunch of tie out points, and you can make "doors" to close off your hammock.
    I just bought the 14.7 ft version of this one to cover my TATO Stand. I was able to use the tarp poles I previously picked up from HammockGear to create a lot of space. As lorazepam notes, it isn't the lightest thing, but for car campers and glammockers it may be what you are looking for. Pardon my field expedient tie-outs. Fake grass. The stuff sack is pretty small. I had to go all Martha Stewart to fold it back up and fit it back in. Best to get a double ended stuff sack or snakeskin.

Quote Originally Posted by lorazepam View Post
    It's heavy, yes, but so am I.
    Amen to that, my friend!

Best to you!

IMG_2427.jpgIMG_2426.jpgIMG_2419.jpgIMG_2422.jpgIMG_2420.jpgIMG_2424.jpgIMG_2423.jpgIMG_2425.jpg

Hammock
    Walahalla Monolite 1.5
    Tarp
    Dynemma Hex Tarp
    Insulation
    JRB Mt Washington
    Suspension
    Whoopies slings
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by jeff-oh View Post
    I use and like the ProVenture 12ft. Hex Tarp available on Amazon. Current Price $34.
    ProVenture Tarp Review

I started using this tarp in 2017 and it is still going strong and it is my go to tarp. It is still holding up strong and though I wanted a Dyneema Tarp. I could just not justify spending $300+ now $400+ when I have this one and 3 back ups in the gear closet.

I have been extremely happy with the product.
    I have one of these also and it is small and easy to pack but still heavier than my 13' silpoly tarp but not by much.

12x12 Camping tarp with poles at wal mart for $50

https://youtu.be/d2yWNExomDUcover1681086566501.jpg

Sent from my SM-G781U using Tapatalk

• + New Posts
  • Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123