Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Hey that will work for what i'm thinking, small and cheap. 16 bux on Amazon, lol. If I like the concept I'll pick up a better one from one of our vendors

Hammock
    Dutchware Chameleon
    Tarp
    DW Winter Tarp W
    Insulation
    HG Incubator
    Suspension
    UHMWPE Webbing
    Images
    Personally I never went the super cheap Amazon tarp route. I decided to get the Paria Outdoor Sanctuary SilTarp Found it to be a fair price point at $70 and not be super heavy. Great quality also a lifetime warranty.

Hammock
    Dutch 12' Netless
    Tarp
    ProVenture Nylon
    Insulation
    HG Incubator
    Suspension
    Humming Bird style
    Images
    I use and like the ProVenture 12ft. Hex Tarp available on Amazon. Current Price $34.
    ProVenture Tarp Review

I started using this tarp in 2017 and it is still going strong and it is my go to tarp. It is still holding up strong and though I wanted a Dyneema Tarp. I could just not justify spending $300+ now $400+ when I have this one and 3 back ups in the gear closet.

I have been extremely happy with the product.

Hammock
    Gold Armour 10.4
    Tarp
    Gold Armour 10x12
    Insulation
    DIY synthetic 30*
    Suspension
    Spider straps
    This one is the one I have been using car camping. https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07C3PWWX7...t_details&th=1 It has a bunch of tie out points, and you can make "doors" to close off your hammock.
    It's heavy, yes, but so am I.

Hammock
    WBBB, WBRR, WL LiteOwl
    Tarp
    OES, WL BullFro
    Insulation
    HG UQ, TQ, WB UQ
    Suspension
    Python Straps
    I see they have different color options (including a green camo) depending upon the size you choose.
    In order to see what few have seen, you must go where few have gone. And DO what few have done.

Tomy,

Merry Christmas.

You can do what I do. Ive got a glorious Hammock Gear "Journey" Tarp ( USA Made version ). It is excellent. However, whilst backpacking or car camping, half the time, I use an inexpensive, Wallyworld Polypro Tarp.

Honestly, setting aside the "cool factor", the Wallyworld Tarp is just about as good as the Custom and in some ways better. For instance, the Wallyworld tarp can be immediately fixed with duct tape. It is also less suscpetible to punctures/slices. If something bad does happen to the cheap Wallyworld tarp, you go buy another one for about 15 bucks.

Another advantage of the cheap Wallyworld Tarps, is you can buy them in various sizes, to test out various tarping setups, until you decide what exact, custom setup you'd like to have. The Wallyworld tarps can also be guyed out for extra interior space and can be configured into doors.

Be safe.

Most of all have fun.

Bob

Hammock
    Wide Chameleon
    Suspension
    Straps & Buckles
    Quote Originally Posted by lorazepam View Post
    This one is the one I have been using car camping. https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07C3PWWX7...t_details&th=1 It has a bunch of tie out points, and you can make "doors" to close off your hammock.
    It's heavy, yes, but so am I.

I have two of these Gold Armor tarps. I keep them in my car all the time for just in case & for car camping.

The 10’ x 8’ has become my favorite. I hang it asym on the long diagonal with split ridge lines using tactical toggles and Lawson glowire. In that mode it only requires two guy lines. I’ve used it as a hammock tarp in fair weather to keep tree droppings off my hammock.

The supplied stakes are a bit better quality than the guy lines.

As a general place to sit under in rain, it survived a few downpours and day long rains with only a slight leak at one of the seams where the seam sealing tape came loose. I would not hesitate to hang it again when rain threatens if I’m car camping and need an easy to deploy shelter.

It is pretty heavy so I would not take it backpacking. My silpoly tarp goes in my backpack.

I don’t consider them a waste of money but you do get what you pay for. The supplied guy lines are just ok. I used them a few times and replaced with Lawson cordage. The supplied stakes are a bit better quality than the guy lines.

The 12’ x 10’ I have is huge and I haven’t used it as much.

Hammock
    Gold Armour 10.4
    Tarp
    Gold Armour 10x12
    Insulation
    DIY synthetic 30*
    Suspension
    Spider straps
    Quote Originally Posted by Pop_Eye View Post
    I have two of these Gold Armor tarps. I keep them in my car all the time for just in case & for car camping.

The 10’ x 8’ has become my favorite. I hang it asym on the long diagonal with split ridge lines using tactical toggles and Lawson glowire. In that mode it only requires two guy lines. I’ve used it as a hammock tarp in fair weather to keep tree droppings off my hammock.

The supplied stakes are a bit better quality than the guy lines.

As a general place to sit under in rain, it survived a few downpours and day long rains with only a slight leak at one of the seams where the seam sealing tape came loose. I would not hesitate to hang it again when rain threatens if I’m car camping and need an easy to deploy shelter.

It is pretty heavy so I would not take it backpacking. My silpoly tarp goes in my backpack.

I don’t consider them a waste of money but you do get what you pay for. The supplied guy lines are just ok. I used them a few times and replaced with Lawson cordage. The supplied stakes are a bit better quality than the guy lines.

The 12’ x 10’ I have is huge and I haven’t used it as much.
    I understand how heavy they are in relation to a higher quality tarp. I am easing my wife into camping and hammocks, and I don't want to spend tier 1 money to find out if she was going to like it.
    I like the abundance of tie out points, they are handy, but also help make it heavier. Having the ends closed off makes her feel better for now, and the tarp works well enough to make her happy.

Hammock
    Blackbird
    Tarp
    11' WB Superfly
    Insulation
    Wookie
    Suspension
    Beckett and EVOs
    Quote Originally Posted by jeff-oh View Post
    I use and like the ProVenture 12ft. Hex Tarp available on Amazon. Current Price $34.
    ProVenture Tarp Review

I started using this tarp in 2017 and it is still going strong and it is my go to tarp. It is still holding up strong and though I wanted a Dyneema Tarp. I could just not justify spending $300+ now $400+ when I have this one and 3 back ups in the gear closet.

I have been extremely happy with the product.
    My kids (8 & 14) have those. Being boys, they're rough on stuff, and these have never given us a lick of trouble.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0889RP5YN...roduct_details

Well, I bought this one. 20 bux. We are storming here in so cal right now. I'll look at it in a day or so. Its not the lightest thing...

• + New Posts
  • Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast