Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Hammock
    DH Freebird
    Tarp
    SLD Winter Haven

Where are the Trailheadz reports?

Guys, those Trailheadz Ethereal quilts look insane, but I haven't seen any reviews or reports. What's your experience?

Hammock
    SLD Trail Lair
    Tarp
    Warbonnet Edge
    Insulation
    Wooki UQ; LL/HG TQ
    Suspension
    CL w/ Tensa 4
    Quote Originally Posted by mattmunee View Post
    Guys, those Trailheadz Ethereal quilts look insane, but I haven't seen any reviews or reports. What's your experience?
    Mattmunee, are you affiliated with the company? Your avatar is surprisingly similar to their logo with the mountain peaks and serpentine trail:

WANDER_LogoGray.png

logo b w.jpg
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Dublinlin; 12-02-2021 at 11:25.

Hammock
    DH Freebird
    Tarp
    SLD Winter Haven
    Quote Originally Posted by Dublinlin View Post
    Mattmunee, are you affiliated with the company? Your avatar is surprisingly similar to the their logo:
    Attachment 187185
    Attachment 187186
    LOL. No, that's the logo from my photography website: http://www.wandertravelphotography.com. I'm not an "influencer", but I appreciate your concern for such issues. I just need some warmer quilts and am interested in their advertised weights.

Hammock
    SLD Trail Lair
    Tarp
    Warbonnet Edge
    Insulation
    Wooki UQ; LL/HG TQ
    Suspension
    CL w/ Tensa 4
    LOL. No, that's the logo from my photography website: http://www.wandertravelphotography.com. I'm not an "influencer", but I appreciate your concern for such issues. I just need some warmer quilts and am interested in their advertised weights.
    Wow! You've got some gorgeous photos in your portfolio on your website!
    Sorry I can't give you any feedback on the quilts. Don't have any from that particular vendor.

Hammock
    DH Freebird
    Tarp
    SLD Winter Haven
    Quote Originally Posted by Dublinlin View Post
    Wow! You've got some gorgeous photos in your portfolio on your website!
    Sorry I can't give you any feedback on the quilts. Don't have any from that particular vendor.
    Thanks! I wasn't planning to plug my photos, but I had to prove that I wasn't Trailheadz.

Hammock
    SLD Trail Lair
    Tarp
    Warbonnet Edge
    Insulation
    Wooki UQ; LL/HG TQ
    Suspension
    CL w/ Tensa 4
    Thanks! I wasn't planning to plug my photos, but I had to prove that I wasn't Trailheadz.
    Ha Ha! Totally!!! ...Well, I thoroughly enjoyed looking through your portfolio! Looks like some really awesome places to field-test new quilts!

If I were Trailheadz I'd think about giving you a complimentary set of quilts or at least a really sweet discount in exchange for some dramatic photographs of their quilts in spectacular settings that they could make use of for marketing! Seems that would be a win-win!
    Last edited by Dublinlin; 12-02-2021 at 14:36.

I have thoroughly enjoyed using my set of Trailheadz Ethereal 20° TQ and UQs! The Argon 49 fabric feels like silk and is more comfortable fabric than any other shell material I’ve ever encountered. It also is surprisingly robust and trailworthy, having survived being blown out of my hammock and across the rocky landscape of Mt Adam’s on a memorable and sleepless night of gale gusts. I should note that the fabric is quite breathable, which adds to comfort but also merits using a UQP for added wind protection, which I always do anyhow.

The 1000FP down is nothing short of incredible. My 20° TQ clocks in at less than a pound for a 70x44(neck)/52(shoulder)/40(foot) finished length/width fluffy nest o’ warmth. The 20° UQ is 52x44(partial length) and weighs just shy of 9oz. Construction and sewing is excellent, and the design details are thoughtfully considered.

Only real downside is the long lead time, which just means planning ahead and being patient.

I managed to get a few shots of my UQ before life events got in the way: https://imgur.com/a/Xq8dfKt

Hammock
    DH Freebird
    Tarp
    SLD Winter Haven
    Quote Originally Posted by Hammichael View Post
    I have thoroughly enjoyed using my set of Trailheadz Ethereal 20° TQ and UQs! The Argon 49 fabric feels like silk and is more comfortable fabric than any other shell material I’ve ever encountered. It also is surprisingly robust and trailworthy, having survived being blown out of my hammock and across the rocky landscape of Mt Adam’s on a memorable and sleepless night of gale gusts. I should note that the fabric is quite breathable, which adds to comfort but also merits using a UQP for added wind protection, which I always do anyhow.

The 1000FP down is nothing short of incredible. My 20° TQ clocks in at less than a pound for a 70x44(neck)/52(shoulder)/40(foot) finished length/width fluffy nest o’ warmth. The 20° UQ is 52x44(partial length) and weighs just shy of 9oz. Construction and sewing is excellent, and the design details are thoughtfully considered.

Only real downside is the long lead time, which just means planning ahead and being patient.

I managed to get a few shots of my UQ before life events got in the way: https://imgur.com/a/Xq8dfKt
    These are great! Thank you! This is the best set of images I've seen for these quilts. I've heard that it only has a primary suspension, but it's nice to actually see it. Do you mind if I share these on a related post I started in the Facebook Hammock Camping Group? Do you ever use the shoulder and/or feet tie outs to stake out your hammock? I noticed that the underquilt doesn't have any hooks or loops similar to my UGQ quilt. On the UGQ, there's a grosgrain loop that I loop around my hammock shoulder tie out before staking it out. That way the quilt doesn't "resist" the tie out and pull back into the hammock. I guess I'll learn to deal with it. I have a zero-degree set on order, as of a couple hours ago.

I’m not on Facebook, so please feel free to spread the word (and images) to help inform the broader online hammocking community. I’m pretty clumsy, so I stake as few things out as possible in an effort to prevent myself from tripping on things. The UQ is so light that it doesn’t need a secondary suspension, hooks, or other hardware tricks at all in my experience. It stays put pretty nicely!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Hammock
    DH Darien, SLD Tree Runner
    Tarp
    HG hex
    Insulation
    Timmermade, Revolt
    Suspension
    Kevlar, Lapp Hitch
    Images
    I've only seen and briefly handled a Trailheadz quilt in person (belonging to Phantom Grappler) and the quality appeared to be excellent.
    Five Basic Principles of Going Lighter (not me... the great Cam Honan of OZ)
    “If everybody is thinking alike, then somebody isn't thinking.” ~ Gen. George S Patton

• + New Posts
  • Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast