Hammock
    WildernessLogics 12x6
    Tarp
    HG cuben 13ridge12
    Insulation
    TopQuiltUnderQuilt
    Suspension
    S and D

No doubt, I’m rigging my hammock and tarp perfectly!

Just finished watching recap of World Chess Championship with Magnus and Nepo. They mostly make perfect chess moves. While I have an uncanny knack for choosing the exact wrong move!

I began to wonder if that also applies to my hammock and tarp rigging…maybe I’m making one mistake after another.
    Naw….I’m phonetically perfect, as long as my hammock can levitate my carcass…nothing can go wrong!

Phantom Grappler, curing homelessness, two trees at a time!

Hammock
    SLD Trail Lair
    Tarp
    SLD Winter Haven
    Insulation
    Trail Winder, ORM
    Suspension
    MyersTech+whoopie
    Without meaning to suggest, are you suggesting a World Hammock Hanging Championship???

Hammock
    WildernessLogics 12x6
    Tarp
    HG cuben 13ridge12
    Insulation
    TopQuiltUnderQuilt
    Suspension
    S and D
    When flint meets steel, I’ll be a realist, and cheer for the best, along with everyone! Within most parameters I wouldn’t even be fifth string on JV B team. I can easily take 30 minutes to set tarp, hammock, and quilts. And when all done, it looks like it was thrown together in 90 seconds.

It is just right for a sleeping till sunrise.

Hammock
    Dutch PolyD
    Tarp
    HG Winter Palace
    Insulation
    HG 0, 20, 40
    Suspension
    Dutch Whoopie Hook
    Images
    Phantom Grappler - you should talk these issues through with your therapist. Although I imagine you have a hard time keeping a regular therapist!

I have a campground reservation tomorrow in the NJ Pine Barrens - it would be the first time I went hiking and hammock camping since November of 2019. It's only a four-mile hike, but I have great anxiety since I haven't been out in two years. I should talk to a therapist.

The weather indicates it could be in the mid-twenties, which is too low for my 20* quilts but I don't wanna carry my 0* quilts. Most likely, I'll carry the 0* quilts.
    "A foolish consistency is the hobgoblin of little minds." Ralph Waldo Emerson

Hammock
    SLD Trail Lair
    Tarp
    SLD Winter Haven
    Insulation
    Trail Winder, ORM
    Suspension
    MyersTech+whoopie
    Quote Originally Posted by SilvrSurfr View Post
    Most likely, I'll carry the 0* quilts.
    Definitely carry the 0* quilts! Or a 40 pack of HotHands

Hammock
    Dutch PolyD
    Tarp
    HG Winter Palace
    Insulation
    HG 0, 20, 40
    Suspension
    Dutch Whoopie Hook
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by bsteele View Post
    Definitely carry the 0* quilts! Or a 40 pack of HotHands
    Yeah, I'm too much of a wimp to carry the 20* quilts - so the Zero it will be!
    "A foolish consistency is the hobgoblin of little minds." Ralph Waldo Emerson

Images
    World Hammock Championship- first person to get hammock up, get in and fall asleep (proven by snoring) wins!

Hammock
    DIY 1.7 MTN XL GE
    Tarp
    DIY .9 Silpoly Hex
    Insulation
    Various Quilts
    Suspension
    Straps (J-Bend)
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by slugbait View Post
    World Hammock Championship- first person to get hammock up, get in and fall asleep (proven by snoring) wins!
    There should be points for symmetry and hang angle accuracy. Maybe style points for best camouflaged hang or best application of prints and colors. I could see giving bonus points for the most remote hang. And would it really be fair to evaluate two competitors the same when one has made all their own gear and another has purchased all the latest and greatest? I think we should have different event categories: e.g. speed hanging, artistic hanging, minimalist hanging, hardwareless hanging, trick hanging, etc. Someone will need to develop rules for each category. We'll also need local, regional, and national competitions as qualifiers for the World Championships. Naturally this will lead to cottage vendor sponsorships and we can't let all that money go straight to the competitors, so we must establish intermediary oversight organizations to grab their slice of the pie. Eventually, we'll need to create an overarching international governing body. So I call dibs on President of the World Hammock Organization Of Professionally Inclined and Elevated (WHOOPIE)!!!
    ~ All I want is affordable, simple, ultralight luxury. That’s not asking too much is it?

Hammock
    Bonefire Whisper
    Tarp
    HG DCF Hex
    Insulation
    Sheltowee JRB SS
    Suspension
    Bonefire
    Quote Originally Posted by PopcornFool View Post
    There should be points for symmetry and hang angle accuracy. Maybe style points for best camouflaged hang or best application of prints and colors. I could see giving bonus points for the most remote hang. And would it really be fair to evaluate two competitors the same when one has made all their own gear and another has purchased all the latest and greatest? I think we should have different event categories: e.g. speed hanging, artistic hanging, minimalist hanging, hardwareless hanging, trick hanging, etc. Someone will need to develop rules for each category. We'll also need local, regional, and national competitions as qualifiers for the World Championships. Naturally this will lead to cottage vendor sponsorships and we can't let all that money go straight to the competitors, so we must establish intermediary oversight organizations to grab their slice of the pie. Eventually, we'll need to create an overarching international governing body. So I call dibs on President of the World Hammock Organization Of Professionally Inclined and Elevated (WHOOPIE)!!!
    I formally 2nd all of the above
    Signature suspended

Hammock
    Banshee / Chameleon
    Tarp
    TrailHeadz Topo
    Insulation
    CRO / JRB /TH
    Suspension
    Autumn Ultralight
    I must admit it brings me great joy watching you fiddle and fumble through your setup whilst I joyously recline in my rig.
    "Eventually, all things merge into one, and a river runs through it. The river was cut by the world's great flood and runs over rocks from the basement of time. On some of the rocks are timeless raindrops. Under the rocks are the words, and some of the words are theirs. I am haunted by waters.”
    ― Norman Maclean

• + New Posts
  • Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast