Tarp
    Noah 12, BCUSA 10
    Insulation
    JRB Nest, Old Rag
    Suspension
    Stock HH w/rings
    Images

Hammock related Holiday Black Friday want list

Black Friday is right around the corner. What is your hammock (not general camping) gear I want it list?

I have been doing some non hammock outings so much of my hammock gear has been in storage for a couple of years. I am thinking I need some new "stuff" to brighten up my hammock camping.

First on my list is a Tensa 4 stand. I do more camping and limited hiking so would like to be able to have a stand to set up instead of looking for trees. IMO this is the do all, be all of stands but would love to hear your thoughts. One of the things I really like about this stand is how small it breaks down. I have no doubts I can fit it on my motorcycle (trike) for overnight trips.

Next up is a tarp. I don't need super light and don't much care for cat cut sides. I am thinking of something in the 10x11 or 11x12 to work with the Tensa. What are your thoughts? Which size do you think would work the best?I have been considering a JRB 12x10 as I want lots of pull outs. Also been consider having Jared (SLD) make me one. Your thoughts would be appreciated.

I am super happy with my HH bottom entry hammock so I don't think I need a new one. I have a JRB Rag Mountain TQ and The Nest for a bottom quilt so I don't think I need to replace those.

So what is on your hammock shopping list?
    Deb
    TOS Terms of Service Link
    Guidelines to New For Sale Section Link
    How to obtain access & maintain your threads in For Sale Section Link
    Guidelines for Want to Buy (WTB) Section
    Hammock Acronyms

"The older I get, the more I appreciate my rural childhood. I spent a lot of time outdoors, unsupervised, which is a blessing." Barbara Kingsolver

Hammock
    WBRR & Banyan
    Tarp
    Bonded Xenon Wide
    Insulation
    UGQ & Loco Libre
    Suspension
    Becket Hitch
    I'm in the middle of paring back my gear so that I can focus on my RR setup. Purchasing 0 deg ridge reaper UQ and TQ, 30 deg ridge reaper UQ, and I would also really like to make some adjustments to my winter palace. I currently use side panel pull outs but I'd really like to move towards a DCF wide winter tarp like what dutch makes. I really like the internal pole mod that just really opens up the tarp to its fullest capacity.
    Last edited by dkurfiss; 11-16-2021 at 08:43.

Hammock
    Dutchware Chameleon
    Tarp
    Warbonnet Superfly
    Insulation
    Trail Winder
    I’m thinking of making or buying a gear hammock/hammock chair. I like to keep my pack off the ground. And having a hammock chair to deploy on day hikes would be handy.

Regarding the Tensa 4. My husband has one. It works great with his Mountain Fly tarp and Pet Palace screen room. It does pack down beautifully. I was surprised to learn how little weight is actually necessary for the anchor.

Mostly I just want to go backpacking. Can I place a Black Friday order for good (not freezing) weather on the weekends?

Hammock
    WB Eldorado/DIY
    Tarp
    WB MiniFly/DIY 12'
    Insulation
    WB Wooki/HG Burrow
    Suspension
    DW Spider/Beetle
    LOVE my Tensa4 by the way. A Tensa Solo conversion kit is on my list. A new pack, possibly from ULA if I can swing it, like maybe on Ohm. Maybe a 40F top quilt from one of our terrific vendors.

Hammock
    banana-shaped
    Tarp
    greenish
    Insulation
    yes
    Suspension
    disbelief
    Quote Originally Posted by dkurfiss View Post
    First on my list is a Tensa 4 stand. I do more camping and limited hiking so would like to be able to have a stand to set up instead of looking for trees. IMO this is the do all, be all of stands but would love to hear your thoughts. One of the things I really like about this stand is how small it breaks down. I have no doubts I can fit it on my motorcycle (trike) for overnight trips.

Next up is a tarp. I don't need super light and don't much care for cat cut sides. I am thinking of something in the 10x11 or 11x12 to work with the Tensa. What are your thoughts? Which size do you think would work the best?I have been considering a JRB 12x10 as I want lots of pull outs. Also been consider having Jared (SLD) make me one. Your thoughts would be appreciated.
    I hate to tell you, Deb, but we're continuing our tradition of not having holiday sales or coupons. We're fortunate to have had a sales rate barely slower than max rate of production, so promotions don't make sense. In fact, we may well run clean out of Tensa4 and Solo stock for the first time in our history this month, briefly anyway. All the supply chain havoc you've been reading about? It's catching us too.

About tarps for Tensa4, 11' along the ridgeline means you won't need the Tarp Extensions, but you may opt for them if you want more headroom. Longer tarps require the extensions unless you're comfortable with some ugly improvisation to choke up the excess.
    --
    Tensa Outdoor, LLC, maker of the Tensa4, Tensa Solo, and Tensa Trekking Treez hammock stands: http://tensaoutdoor.com/

Hammock
    HH Expedition, HH Explorer Dlx
    Tarp
    Noah 12, BCUSA 10
    Insulation
    JRB Nest, Old Rag
    Suspension
    Stock HH w/rings
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Latherdome View Post
    I hate to tell you, Deb, but we're continuing our tradition of not having holiday sales or coupons. We're fortunate to have had a sales rate barely slower than max rate of production, so promotions don't make sense. In fact, we may well run clean out of Tensa4 and Solo stock for the first time in our history this month, briefly anyway. All the supply chain havoc you've been reading about? It's catching us too.

About tarps for Tensa4, 11' along the ridgeline means you won't need the Tarp Extensions, but you may opt for them if you want more headroom. Longer tarps require the extensions unless you're comfortable with some ugly improvisation to choke up the excess.
    Thanks for the information and I totally understand running out of stock and not needing to put items on sale.
    Deb
    Hammock Acronyms

"The older I get, the more I appreciate my rural childhood. I spent a lot of time outdoors, unsupervised, which is a blessing." Barbara Kingsolver

Hammock
    DIY 1.7 MTN XL GE
    Tarp
    DIY .9 Silpoly Hex
    Insulation
    Various Quilts
    Suspension
    Straps (J-Bend)
    Images
    I'd love it if Santa would bring me some 1.9 Kevlar straps. I haven't been able to find any for sale anywhere for well over a year (or even a source selling it by the foot so that I can make my own).

There's a 950-fill 40* UQ/TQ combo on my wish list as well.

And if I found a DCF Winter Tarp under my tree, you'd see me doing my run-around-in-my-socks-screaming-kid dance (which I haven't done since I was 11 and got a 2-foot long Oh Henry candy bar (log) and my very first Swiss Army Knife).

~ All I want is affordable, simple, ultralight luxury. That’s not asking too much is it?

Hammock
    DIY 1.7 MTN XL GE
    Tarp
    DIY .9 Silpoly Hex
    Insulation
    Various Quilts
    Suspension
    Straps (J-Bend)
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by PopcornFool View Post
    ... and my very first Swiss Army Knife ...
    I still have that knife by-the-way! It's almost 50 years old!
    ~ All I want is affordable, simple, ultralight luxury. That’s not asking too much is it?

Hammock
    HH Expedition, HH Explorer Dlx
    Tarp
    Noah 12, BCUSA 10
    Insulation
    JRB Nest, Old Rag
    Suspension
    Stock HH w/rings
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by PopcornFool View Post
    I still have that knife by-the-way! It's almost 50 years old!
    Picture please. I have my Grandpa's pocket knife but keep it in my safety deposit box for now. It will go to the oldest nephew when he is old enough to understand the value of it.
    Deb
    Hammock Acronyms

Hammock
    SLD Trail Lair
    Tarp
    Superfly/Minifly
    Insulation
    WB DB, LL Habanero
    Suspension
    Whoopie Slings
    I'm hoping the Tato stands get back in stock on Dutchware and that I can actually order them in time....

Otherwise just patiently awaiting my new Loco Libre Top Quilt for winter use and my new Autumn Ultralight hammock.

• + New Posts
  • Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast