Tarp
    DIY .9 Silpoly Hex
    Insulation
    Various Quilts
    Suspension
    Straps (J-Bend)
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by dkurfiss View Post
    Picture please. I have my Grandpa's pocket knife but keep it in my safety deposit box for now. It will go to the oldest nephew when he is old enough to understand the value of it.
    As requested …
    ~ All I want is affordable, simple, ultralight luxury. That’s not asking too much is it?

Hammock
    SLD Trail Lair
    Tarp
    Warbonnet Edge
    Insulation
    Wooki UQ; LL/HG TQ
    Suspension
    CL w/ Tensa 4
    Quote Originally Posted by PopcornFool View Post
    As requested …

Bet there are a lot of good memories attached to that knife!
    Last edited by Dublinlin; 11-19-2021 at 15:19.

Hammock
    WL Snipe
    Tarp
    WL Tadpole
    Insulation
    Down!
    Suspension
    Whoopies
    Images

Hammock related Holiday Black Friday want list

I love my tenaa4 for camping in the backyard. it's an important piece that allows me to test my setup in different temperatures and conditions. I use a warbonnet Superfly that has a center pole mod and three pull outs on each side. it works great ! I will say that it's much easier to suspend the tarp from something other than the tensa4. I position my tensa in-between the kids swing set and a gutter down spout

Hammock
    DW Chameleon, WB Eldorado
    Tarp
    Thunder/Superfly
    Insulation
    HG 20/40
    Suspension
    DW Beetle Buckles
    Honestly, with all the different sales over the past 3 years...I don't really need or want anything. Which is weird for me.

However, I've been thinking about switching out my HG Econ quilts for the Premiums. I have a mix of 20F and 40F Econs, and with the camping that I do can probably just settle on the 30F Premiums. They weigh about the same as the 40F Econs and would pack down similarly or smaller. The 40F Econs aren't that bulky, but the 20F are. I've only camped below freezing a handful of times and don't really plan on any winter camping (for now).

I've been happy with my 55L Zpacks Arc Blast, but with the 20F Econs I do get cramped for space (bulky quilts + extra clothing = less room for food) and don't really want to size up to the 62L Arc Haul or go back to my 65L Osprey Atmos. But, it would be cheaper to get the Arc Haul vs. buying new quilts, even with the HG holiday discount.

I wonder if Zpacks is having a sale??? Brb

Hammock
    Superior Hammock 15 degree
    Tarp
    Warbonnet Mini Fly
    Insulation
    Superior 30 deg TQ
    Suspension
    Superior Gear UL
    I'm really wanting a new tarp, but having a hard time finding the ones I want in stock, let alone on sale.
    Hiking my own hike and hanging my own hang. This is where my happy is!
    The Happy Hiker Blog

Hammock
    WBRR & Banyan
    Tarp
    Bonded Xenon Wide
    Insulation
    UGQ & Loco Libre
    Suspension
    Becket Hitch
    Quote Originally Posted by FLTurtle View Post
    Honestly, with all the different sales over the past 3 years...I don't really need or want anything. Which is weird for me.

However, I've been thinking about switching out my HG Econ quilts for the Premiums. I have a mix of 20F and 40F Econs, and with the camping that I do can probably just settle on the 30F Premiums. They weigh about the same as the 40F Econs and would pack down similarly or smaller. The 40F Econs aren't that bulky, but the 20F are. I've only camped below freezing a handful of times and don't really plan on any winter camping (for now).

I've been happy with my 55L Zpacks Arc Blast, but with the 20F Econs I do get cramped for space (bulky quilts + extra clothing = less room for food) and don't really want to size up to the 62L Arc Haul or go back to my 65L Osprey Atmos. But, it would be cheaper to get the Arc Haul vs. buying new quilts, even with the HG holiday discount.

I wonder if Zpacks is having a sale??? Brb
    Zpacks is having a sale, check my earlier post and its definitely worth moving away from econs. I have both econ and prems from HG.

• + New Posts
  • Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12