Hammock
    Bonefire Whisper
    Tarp
    HG DCF Hex
    Insulation
    Sheltowee JRB SS
    Suspension
    Bonefire
    I use a 10.5' DH Freebird GE, most nights at home, and 10' Shenandoa Whisper Asym on the trail.

I started sleeping at home in a hammock to teach myself how to get a good night's sleep before making myself learn from scratch on the trail. It's pretty much taking my bedroom with me now when I go hiking. For a head pillow at home I use a Nemo Fillo and backpacking I take one from SLD.

Inside Below 72 I can use a loosely strung partial 40 degree HG clone UQ and make due with a polar tech fleece blanket.
    Signature suspended

Hammock
    WB Eldorado/DIY
    Tarp
    WB MiniFly/DIY 12'
    Insulation
    WB Wooki/HG Burrow
    Suspension
    DW Spider/Beetle
    I switch between my WB Eldorado and my DIY 1.9 ripstop nylon hammock, both 11 ft hammocks. They are both so comfortable that it's nice to switch between them when one is in the wash. I sleep in a finished room in the basement, but I close the heat vents off during the winter so it's colder; I sleep better.

I use a synthetic SnugPak underquilt at home, and an old synthetic mummy bag with a sewn foot box. Both are easy to wash and easily do the job of insulation in the semi-colder basement room.

I take the Eldorado and my down quilts with me on the road/backpacking.

Hammock
    Hammocktent 90*, Sparrow, WBBB XLC
    Tarp
    light & waterproof
    Insulation
    Ongoing experiment
    Suspension
    Ongoing experiment
    I spend part or all of a night in a hammock, and on rarer occasions only on my tepurpedic bed. I tend to rotate through various hammocks, GEs, Hammocktent 90s, and DIY 90, They also serve as my couch for watching Computer videos or for a nap. For reading I use the bed or recliner. There were other hammocks in the past, but since have gone on to bring their new owners so much joy. During the summer I use 3/4 synthetic RidgeCreek or nothing. During the winter time since I keep my place cooler than most, I go with a down UQs. I use a light weight sleeping bag as a TQ on both the hammock and bed. When mid-winter hits I will add Darn Tough 1/4 socks and a merino wool beanie. For a home hammock pillow I have a very small tempurpedic pillow.

Hammock
    WBBB XLC UL DL
    Tarp
    WB Thunderfly
    Insulation
    Wooki, UGQ
    Suspension
    Becket straps
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Micah View Post
    I can't seem to find a Brazilian hammock that I like. I have several in different fabrics but I keep going back to a synthetic hammock since I like that slick feel of decent ripstop. I've been thinking of making a bamboo Brazilian but, being as it tends to absorb a lot of moisture, I kind of assume it will feel cooler. We keep our house pretty cool in the winter... I'll probably always need some kind of bottom insulation. Maybe not so far as a heated blanket though...
    You might try these guys

https://maranon.com/

Hammock
    WBBB XLC; WBRR
    Tarp
    Superfly
    Insulation
    Wooki UQ Mamba TQ
    Suspension
    Whoopie
    I started sleeping full-time at home in January 2017 and will never go back to a bed so I better make sure my old folks home is okay with that some day in 10-15-20 years.
    The game is the best teacher.

Hammock
    Grand Trunk UL
    Insulation
    AHE Jarbidge UQ
    Suspension
    Hummingbird
    I no longer own a Western style bed and will never ever go back to them, I sleep so well in hammocks. The housing market is also utterly bonkers in my area and I LOVE that hammocks let me make a 8'x10' cell of a room feel like a palace because I use small floor furniture and I'm not wasting any floor space on a framed bed. I continue to be shocked how no one in America outside of Hammock Forums seems to realize they can lay diagonally in a hammock, and am always spreading the gospel of hammock sleeping.

I've been very happy with my hammock backpacking setup for both indoor (full-time) and outdoor sleeping, but had to make adjustments when I got kittens because I didn't want them to poke their little claws through my precious technical fabrics. Switched to a $30 cotton Brazilian hammock for indoor sleeping. (I think cotton and ripstop both feel nice in different ways.)

For warmth, I've been sleeping on top of an electric blanket, with a normal blanket on top of me. I plan to get hold of some tarp clips to hang the electric underneath as a UQ, so it will be less fussy to get in bed.

I have an AHE neck pillow for backpacking, but at home I use a DIY neck pillow I made from nontechnical fabrics.

Another nice bonus of hammock sleeping with kittens around is that they have lots of extra floor space to get their nighttime zoomies out, and then they only hop into the hammock with me when they actually want to snuggle and sleep. I guess it takes more intentionality to jump into a hammock. I'm actually about to try splurging on a king size Brazilian hammock because my partner tried sleeping over on a Japanese futon but it absolutely did not work in a small bedroom with kittens. Wish us luck.

Hammock
    DreamHammock Sparrow
    Tarp
    HG Journey
    Insulation
    UGQ Down
    Suspension
    Treeee straps!
    Almost 3 years ago I picked up one of Dutch's Hexon 1.7 Wide hammocks. Eventually two of them. I've been using one of them every night I'm not traveling for work since then, with a MyPillow travel pillow. I started with one of those budget Costco down throws (I forget if it's the Castor or the Pollux DIY that makes the underquilt), which is quite nice for indoors year round. For a topquilt I used either an old sleeping back or a wool blanket.

Eventually I migrated to a 40 degree down underquilt and topquilt, since I wanted the set for warm outdoor ventures, anyway. Mmmmm, down!

Though it's quite comfortable, I like my DreamHammock Sparrow better for comfort, perhaps because it's asymetric and not so wide. So some day I'll break down and order a twin of the Sparrow for indoors.

Hammock
    Chameleon Wide
    Tarp
    Xenon Hex
    Insulation
    Cedar Ridge
    Suspension
    Beetle Buckle
    Images
    I just added the 12' Dutchware hammock to my sleeping arraignment. I've been switching it around between an 11' gathered end and bridge hammocks, but always come back to the gathered end. I like both types, but the gathered end is the one my beat-up old body likes better come morning. The Dutchware 12' is fantastic. It's like a king size bed of hammocks that you can stretch out all over the place in.

Hammock
    Hammocktent 90*, Sparrow, WBBB XLC
    Tarp
    light & waterproof
    Insulation
    Ongoing experiment
    Suspension
    Ongoing experiment
    Quote Originally Posted by hang-anon View Post
    ....Though it's quite comfortable, I like my DreamHammock Sparrow better for comfort, perhaps because it's asymetric and not so wide. So some day I'll break down and order a twin of the Sparrow for indoors.
    I use my DH Sparrow a lot for my computer monitor watching movies 'couch', for napping, and for home night time use. If you don't have the bugnet the Sparrow is symetrical, i.e. it is the bugnet or top cover that gives it either asym or sym qualities.

Hammock
    Amok,Clark NX270, ENO junglenest
    Tarp
    Superfly
    Insulation
    Wooki
    Suspension
    Whoopie slings
    I slept in my WB for roughly 2 years, in my bedroom or livingroom in warm weather, when it starts to get cold I move outside. Then my health ruined it for me, had to have a pacemaker put in and the pressure from my WB started to cause the pacer area to get sore and not being able to sleep on my back because of copd I'm down to 1 or 2 hours in my hammock. Than I found the Haven hammock and was able to do all nighters again, at least for several months than the Pop and Drop scared the you know what out of me in the middle of the night. This happens when the spreader bar blows thru its pocket and takes the side of the hammock with it. Now normally a 6 to 10 inch sudden drop is no big deal, but with a heart problem it kind of puts a scare into you. Now keep in mind I sleep like a fish out of water, 2 exs will agree so I', not saying it was the Havens fault. I contacted Derek and they replaced my hammock with NO HASSLE. Back in the Haven I went, happy as a clam! Well roughly 3 months later the old Pop & Drop got me again. Contacted Derek and during a long phone call he talked me into giving the Haven another chance, I agreed and he replaced my Haven AGAIN for free. No other company that I hnow of would do that! This time he sent me little rubber booties to put on the poles to see if they would stop the Pop&Drop. Its been close to a month now and all is well, first week I was nervous but Im starting to trust my Haven again, so well I just ordered the new cover for the pad.

• + New Posts
  • Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast