Onewind Double (11 ft)
    Tarp
    Ridge Outdoors
    Insulation
    UQ, Sleeping Bag
    Suspension
    buckles/Onewind
    Quote Originally Posted by Karla "with a k" View Post
    I grew up in Hale and now that I live in Milwaukee, I'm jealous of those who live up in that area. (My dad turned down a job in Rogers City since it was my senior year of high school)
    Hope to meet you at a hang sometime!
    Oh too bad about your dad turning down a job in the area. They are not easy to come by. We moved to this area (Onaway first), back in 1989 from the Detroit Metro area. My husband & I do I.T. work, so we could find jobs easily back then. Then we moved to start our Alpaca Ranch here in Ocqueoc in 2005. We live on the Ocqueoc River, and own 30 acres. I practice hanging in my woods on our property. I would love to meet up sometime. There are not many hangs around this area, but I have heard of one south of me on the Ausable river. It would be a couple of hours drive for me to attend.

Hammock
    Wide Chameleon
    Suspension
    Straps & Buckles
    Quote Originally Posted by Sundownalpacas View Post
    Yes I live on the Ocqueoc river, N of the Falls. Many places to ride my ebike on the back country roads and trails. I know there are many places to hang a hammock on state land around me. I also love the Pigeon river area. I use to camp there every spring in the hardwoods to forage for Morell Mushrooms.
    Maybe we need to plan a meetup sometime?BTW nice picture of the falls.
    Anyone can plan a hang and invite folks to join. There is a subforum here for posting that. Since you know the area where you live pretty well and know places that could support a set number of hammocks, you can throw it out there and see if there is any interest.

If there is fair weather and above 20* at night, I’m available during the week. Otherwise spring can’t get here soon enough!

And thank you for the picture compliment. It took a while to wait for all the swimming kids to leave so I could snap the shot!

Hammock
    HH Expedition, HH Explorer Dlx
    Tarp
    Noah 12, BCUSA 10
    Insulation
    JRB Nest, Old Rag
    Suspension
    Stock HH w/rings
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Sundownalpacas View Post
    Well I am really not old either (over 60). I still think I am a young women and can run and walk like I use too. My body tells me something else.
    I am well over that 60 mark and have now been retired for about 9 years. I don't hike much any more but do get out and set up a base camp and do day walks I also so a fair bit of camping from my motorcycle....Honda Goldwing trike. I am learning day by day to listen to my body or I pay a high price for it
    Deb
    TOS Terms of Service Link
    Guidelines to New For Sale Section Link
    How to obtain access & maintain your threads in For Sale Section Link
    Guidelines for Want to Buy (WTB) Section
    Hammock Acronyms

"The older I get, the more I appreciate my rural childhood. I spent a lot of time outdoors, unsupervised, which is a blessing." Barbara Kingsolver

• + New Posts
  • Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123