WB BBXLC and DIY
    Tarp
    UP
    Insulation
    DOWN
    Suspension
    30 DEGREES
    Quote Originally Posted by Tato Spud View Post
    I plan to attend once again. I have a non-hanger friend that would like to join and try a hammock. I can outfit him with everything but a winter UQ. Anyone have a spare UQ they could bring? My friend is an experienced camper and we've done winter trips in the Porkies and other locations.

He will have a sleeping pad to help supplement an UQ and I have an UQP for him. He'll be in an 11 ft hammock and he is 5ft 7" tall.

Any help is appreciated to get him out of a tent. Worst case is he comes with a tent & he can use my hammock & I'll use his tent. We plan to arrive Friday.

Sent from my Pixel 6 using Tapatalk
    Put any gear needs into the spreadsheet so others can see and perhaps bring what he needs. There are about 50 attendees (not all are on the spreadsheet) I am sure there will be plenty to go around if he needs something. looking forward to seeing you again.
    Owner and guide at nowoutdoors.org
    www.meetup.com/Wilderness-Adventure-Group/
    https://www.facebook.com/NickAtNowOutdoors/

Hammock
    HG Circadian
    Tarp
    UGQ WinterDream
    Insulation
    HGs (stacked!)
    Suspension
    strap/biner/knot
    Looking forward to attending my first Frozen Butt Hang!

-jamie

Hammock
    DH Sparrow
    Tarp
    HG Dyneema
    Insulation
    LL-40/HG 0
    Suspension
    Becket hitch!
    I plan to attend once again. I have a non-hanger friend that would like to join and try a hammock. I can outfit him with everything but a winter UQ. Anyone have a spare UQ they could bring? My friend is an experienced camper and we've done winter trips in the Porkies and other locations.

He will have a sleeping pad to help supplement an UQ and I have an UQP for him. He'll be in an 11 ft hammock and he is 5ft 7" tall.

Any help is appreciated to get him out of a tent. Worst case is he comes with a tent & he can use my hammock & I'll use his tent. We plan to arrive Friday.

Tato, I have a 0 HG I can bring with, its a short. Im 5ft6 and it covers me from head to toe. I can also bring a DIY 40 along to layer up. Let me know
    To only step where others have stepped means not to have your own adventures. Live, Love, and Adventure so you may leave your own foot prints!

Hammock
    11 ft DIY 1.6 HyperD Diamd Ripstop
    Tarp
    UGQ WD 13 End Mods
    Insulation
    Hammock Gear
    Suspension
    Ultimate Straps
    Dale Kipstein is on the sign-up sheet, but no user profile name. Is he on HFs? Dale?
    ◘ May 17-19: BACONFEST @ Interstate WI SP ◘ Oct 3-6: miCHILIgan @ Middleville, MI ◘ YouTube: karlawithak216 ◘ Instagram: i.am.karla.with.a.k ◘ 97 months

Hammock
    Juniper ultralight
    Tarp
    Trailheadz winter
    Insulation
    Ethereal -20's
    ** figured it out** I plan on attending this year for my first time. Having issues signing up. I clicked on the Google doc but can't add my name. Sorry I'm new to all this. It will be just me. I'm coming from lake Geneva.
    Last edited by Jayman; 12-28-2021 at 14:52.

Hammock
    Juniper ultralight
    Tarp
    Trailheadz winter
    Insulation
    Ethereal -20's

I have a variety of UQ as well. I have a -20° set, a superior gear 15° set (sewn into the hammock?) And a +20° hang tight set, I also have a home made 40° and 2 50° as well. I guess it all depends on the weather 🤷🏻 I aslo have a zenbivy sleeping pad that's r5 insulated if needed.

Hammock
    WL Lite Owl
    Tarp
    WB Thunderfly
    Insulation
    LL UQ, WB Diamond
    Suspension
    Whoopie or BH
    Hey Kattdog & Jayman,

Thanks much for being willing to share your UQs! Many options. I think Katt's shorter 0*F may work well. If needed we can stack a lighter UQ.

Hammock
    11 ft DIY 1.6 HyperD Diamd Ripstop
    Tarp
    UGQ WD 13 End Mods
    Insulation
    Hammock Gear
    Suspension
    Ultimate Straps
    Quote Originally Posted by Jayman View Post
    ** figured it out** I plan on attending this year for my first time. Having issues signing up. I clicked on the Google doc but can't add my name. Sorry I'm new to all this. It will be just me. I'm coming from lake Geneva.
    If you are accessing the spreadsheet on your phone, you'll need to download the Google Sheet app first in order to edit. -k
    ◘ May 17-19: BACONFEST @ Interstate WI SP ◘ Oct 3-6: miCHILIgan @ Middleville, MI ◘ YouTube: karlawithak216 ◘ Instagram: i.am.karla.with.a.k ◘ 97 months

Hammock
    custom
    Insulation
    Hammock Gear
    Suspension
    Whoopie
    Nick, I just found out Susan B is going on your snowshoe trip this weekend and the frozen butt hang. She said you will be bringing a very large cooking pan to both. With that said, should I bring my skillet I use every year for cooking the bacon, eggs and pancakes? No need to carry it if you already have something as large to cook with.

Susan and I go to spin class together. Just by chance we talked about winter camping. What are the chances that conversation comes up at a class and we are both going to the hang. Too funny. She will now be riding with me since I have been to the hang location.

Hammock
    DH Sparrow
    Tarp
    HG Dyneema
    Insulation
    LL-40/HG 0
    Suspension
    Becket hitch!
    Quote Originally Posted by Geohanging View Post
    Nick, I just found out Susan B is going on your snowshoe trip this weekend and the frozen butt hang. She said you will be bringing a very large cooking pan to both. With that said, should I bring my skillet I use every year for cooking the bacon, eggs and pancakes? No need to carry it if you already have something as large to cook with.

Susan and I go to spin class together. Just by chance we talked about winter camping. What are the chances that conversation comes up at a class and we are both going to the hang. Too funny. She will now be riding with me since I have been to the hang location.
    Are you staying the whole time, or are you one night standing it again lol
    To only step where others have stepped means not to have your own adventures. Live, Love, and Adventure so you may leave your own foot prints!

• + New Posts
  • Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast