Superior Hammock 15 degree
    Tarp
    Warbonnet Mini Fly
    Insulation
    Superior 30 deg TQ
    Suspension
    Superior Gear UL

Hello from Central California!

Hello all! I've been lurking a little, but haven't really posted until now. I started hammock camping this past summer and love it! It all started when my fiance bought a hammock for relaxing on our hiking and day trips. I didn't pay much attention at first because I'm usually out and about instead of sitting around, but at some point you just have to rest. After laying in his hammock one time I was hooked. I immediately ordered my first hammock to try out on Amazon. It is a Wise Owl Outfitters double hammock. I also got the bug net from them as well as their rain fly in the diamond shape lite version. We hiked up into our nearby foothills and set up camp for the first time with our hammocks. At that point I was even more hooked! I will not say I had the best nights sleep, but I could see the potential. Ever since then I have been refining my setup each time we go out. The next time I brought a yoga mat for more insulation. The next time I bought a One Tigris underquilt and a Horizon Hound top quilt. They are working pretty well, but as we head into Fall/Winter... they are not cutting it. I now have a Superior Gear setup on order which should be hear in less than a month. I can't wait!!!! Till then I am still refining my setup. I'm going to be making a little pillow this week and I'm still on the lookout for a new tarp. I'm thinking of getting one of the Hummingbird ones. Has anyone tried them?

This past week I had a few firsts. It finally rained here so I tested my setup in the rain for the first time which was a success! I also hiked out and slept overnight solo for the first time. I won't say my fiance was too happy about that, but I like the idea that I can plan a trip on my own if he is busy.

I also just got my Tensa Solo on the mail. I'm hoping to test it out this weekend maybe?

My hammocking/backpacking style: I like to travel light. My goal is to be ultralight one day. My fiance and I backpack, but we typically only hike out a few miles and only stay for a night. I would like to work up on the miles and amount of days. It's a little tough with our schedules since our days off are different, thus why I want to go solo sometimes. I'm also a lot more into hiking and camping than he is, but he likes that I push him to get him out of the house and loves it once we are there.

My regular life: I'm a mom of 3 engaged to someone that also has 1 child. They're all in their early teens and not too keen on hiking or camping... although I am trying to convert. I am an interior designer and work for a local builder designing every home that we build. It's a lot of fun, but in truth I am a hermit, so I like getting away from people when I am not working... or at least toning it down to a few people out where it's nice and quiet.

Ok, that's me in a nutshell. Glad to be here!

Me.jpg

Hope you are enjoying the community! Welcome

Hammock
    Tarp
    Warbonnet Mini Fly
    Insulation
    Superior 30 deg TQ
    Suspension
    Superior Gear UL
    Quote Originally Posted by Drakey View Post
    Hope you are enjoying the community! Welcome
    Thanks! Very excited to be here! I really enjoy my relaxing outdoor time and it's nice to get tips on how to make it even better.

Hammock
    Blackbird
    Tarp
    11' WB Superfly
    Insulation
    Wookie
    Suspension
    Beckett and EVOs
    Welcome from Texas! You're on a journey that will be fun to traverse. There is a LOT of good information here, but don't be afraid to ask questions either.
    It sounds like you're already doing the main points of the advice I like to give - getting out and having some fun! Stay safe out there!

Hammock
    Tarp
    Warbonnet Mini Fly
    Insulation
    Superior 30 deg TQ
    Suspension
    Superior Gear UL
    Quote Originally Posted by jakev383 View Post
    Welcome from Texas! You're on a journey that will be fun to traverse. There is a LOT of good information here, but don't be afraid to ask questions either.
    It sounds like you're already doing the main points of the advice I like to give - getting out and having some fun! Stay safe out there!
    Thanks! Yes, having lots of fun! I get out every other week for some hiking, hammocking and camping and I love trying something new each time. Love the community here!

• + New Posts