Superior Hammock 15 degree
    Tarp
    Warbonnet Mini Fly
    Insulation
    Superior 30 deg TQ
    Suspension
    Superior Gear UL
    Quote Originally Posted by LowTech View Post
    I just checked my lighter pack list and it says almost 17lb w/o food or water. Where we've been hiking (the desert) water has been the big weight add.

And, I don't know if you're aware but in the "donating members" area there's a section of padding sports.
    I'll have to check my lighter pack list. I keep changing things out. I really should ditch the camera and just use my phone. That adds quite a bit. Plus California is pretty much a desert in the summer, so yes, water adds a lot. I think I'm around 15 - 17 lbs depending on what I bring.

I didn't even know there was a donating members area. I'll have to check it out!
    Hiking my own hike and hanging my own hang. This is where my happy is!
    The Happy Hiker Blog

Hammock
    AHE Double Layer
    Tarp
    HG Journey
    Insulation
    AHE Jarbidg Owyhee
    Suspension
    DIY
    I just got the Tensa Solo also. Wish I would have found it sooner as it would open so many more options to hang the hammock. I went with webbing and the Orange Screws. I was able to set it up very easily without much fiddling. Just tried a hang with homemade boom stakes and whoopie slings. It worked but took longer to set up. The pole definately needs a bigger foot for softer soil as it tends to sink in a bit.

Hammock
    one wind 11' wide
    Tarp
    one wind 12'
    Insulation
    SLD, UGQ, LL, JRB
    Suspension
    UCR
    Quote Originally Posted by Pippi View Post
    I'll have to check my lighter pack list. I keep changing things out. I really should ditch the camera and just use my phone. That adds quite a bit. Plus California is pretty much a desert in the summer, so yes, water adds a lot. I think I'm around 15 - 17 lbs depending on what I bring.

I didn't even know there was a donating members area. I'll have to check it out!
    I carry a camera as well, including a telephoto len, but I list it as "wearable" since I never have it out of my hand.

Hammock
    one wind 11' wide
    Tarp
    one wind 12'
    Insulation
    SLD, UGQ, LL, JRB
    Suspension
    UCR
    Quote Originally Posted by ScottS View Post
    I just got the Tensa Solo also. Wish I would have found it sooner as it would open so many more options to hang the hammock. I went with webbing and the Orange Screws. I was able to set it up very easily without much fiddling. Just tried a hang with homemade boom stakes and whoopie slings. It worked but took longer to set up. The pole definately needs a bigger foot for softer soil as it tends to sink in a bit.
    The last site I was at I used a small, flat, palm sized rock to stop the foot from sinking in the sandy ground.
    So far I've been able to find something in the area that works and haven't gotten to the point of packing something w/ me, . . . but it could happen.

Hammock
    Superior Hammock 15 degree
    Tarp
    Warbonnet Mini Fly
    Insulation
    Superior 30 deg TQ
    Suspension
    Superior Gear UL
    Quote Originally Posted by LowTech View Post
    I carry a camera as well, including a telephoto len, but I list it as "wearable" since I never have it out of my hand.
    Haha! I guess I could list it as wearable. It doesn't technically go in my pack. I keep it in my pocket. It's pretty small (Sony ZV-1).

On topic... I'm still debating on returning my Solo for a Trekking Treez. I don't know why this is getting me so hung up. I think I'll contact Tensa for their opinion on the two.
    Hiking my own hike and hanging my own hang. This is where my happy is!
    The Happy Hiker Blog

Hammock
    banana-shaped
    Tarp
    greenish
    Insulation
    yes
    Suspension
    disbelief
    Quote Originally Posted by Pippi View Post
    Haha! I guess I could list it as wearable. It doesn't technically go in my pack. I keep it in my pocket. It's pretty small (Sony ZV-1).

On topic... I'm still debating on returning my Solo for a Trekking Treez. I don't know why this is getting me so hung up. I think I'll contact Tensa for their opinion on the two.
    If you’re not hiking with trekking poles now, there’s very little to recommend TT over Solo. Solo has higher hang points, for a more comfortable sit height with longer hammocks especially. Solo is less complex/fiddly in not having to go back and forth between trekking and stand modes, with fewer loose/alternate parts. Solo is much cheaper of course. And TT has been hard to get for a long time now, each small batch being very labor intensive to fabricate, with waiting lists. Finally, with the same lines and anchors, TT isn’t all that much lighter than Solo*. The weight savings of TT comes mainly from being able to leave your trekking poles at home. Don’t use them? I wouldn’t bother.

* TT is getting lighter, so this point may be obsolete by the time people read this. The upside of small batch hand fabrication is ease of rolling in improvements continuously. We have continued to improve Solo also, but over a much longer span of time, the large minimum order sizes of our suppliers being a gate on the pace of change.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    --
    Tensa Outdoor, LLC, maker of the Tensa4, Tensa Solo, and Tensa Trekking Treez hammock stands: http://tensaoutdoor.com/

Hammock
    one wind 11' wide
    Tarp
    one wind 12'
    Insulation
    SLD, UGQ, LL, JRB
    Suspension
    UCR
    Our latest "One Tree", a backyard down San Diego way. Shared a super nice tree.

Hammock
    WBBB, WBRR, WL LiteOwl
    Tarp
    OES, WL BullFro
    Insulation
    HG UQ, TQ, WB UQ
    Suspension
    Python Straps
    Once when kayaking, my friend showed me how he could use his tow line as a clothesline in camp. Later we went for a day paddle. On the way back I smiled and told him I was too tried and asked if he’d give me a tow. Oops - his tow line - a piece of safety gear by the way - was being used as a clothesline. I’ve seen shelters that make use of a bike frame - but that means the shelter comes down if you want to peddle around. If you have trekking poles that support your hammock, just understand that sort of rules out setting up a camp and doing day hikes - unless you wouldn't need your trekking poles for, you know, trekking.

Breaking camp and moving on each day is a different situation. But on the few Thru-Hikes styles I’ve done. I’ve been to places where, were I to plan it again, I’d prefer to reach one idyllic stop, camp there, and hike around, hang out with nature, rather than continue a city-fide, "Go, go, go”, mentality out in the woods.
    In order to see what few have seen, you must go where few have gone. And DO what few have done.

Hammock
    XLC, Superior Gear 0deg
    Tarp
    WB Superfly
    Insulation
    Wooki0* TQHomemade
    Suspension
    Whoopie, Atlas

Hammock
    Dutch Wide
    Tarp
    HG Dyneema
    Insulation
    SLD & HG
    Suspension
    Myerstech UHMWPE
    Quote Originally Posted by SoDakOverland View Post
    "It does take a little space to transport, and at 24.5lbs, it is a little too heavy to take along hiking."

I'd say so.

For my backyard, I think I'll just use a half Turtle dog against a tree, but I haven't tried that yet. But if you don't want to DIY or want to keep it in the bag, this might be worth the $150.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• + New Posts
  • Page 4 of 15 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast