Towns end, WBRR
    Tarp
    Mini/thunder, ugq
    Insulation
    AHE,zenbivy,JRB,HG
    Suspension
    HG UL Daisy chain

Random quilt thoughts

First off, a big thanks to all the members on here for the wealth of knowledge shared.
    In just 2-3 short years I’ve gone from owning zero down quilts to owning between under and top quilts, a total of 7.

4 JRB’s
    Mw 3
    mw 4
    Hudson River 20
    Shenandoah 40

1 Hammock gear 0* burrow

2 zenbivy lights
    25*
    10*
    I definitely have some redundancy and will probably thin the herd at some point but nay even add a JRB old rag.
    I know zenbivy doesn’t get much love on here but I will say, when I do ground sleep, nothing else compares. It truly is a wonderful setup when paired with a LW Xtherm on the ground. The quality is quite good and when on sale is a great buy.
    The hammock gear 0* burrow is one of my newest and I must say probably the most impressive build quality of the quilts I own. I opted for 2 oz’s overstuff and a sewn foot box. I got the long and wide and while maybe I’ll appreciate the size of it (haven’t used it yet) I just don’t know. It’s a whole lot of fabric in the hammock. If it turns out too big… that’s on me. It really is soooo well built though and their prices are fantastic! Definitely the most bang for buck it seems.
    The JRB’s are what did surprise me the most however. The underquilts have fit everything I’ve put them on. They fit fantastic on both the ridge runner and the towns end hammocks.
    I initially dismissed their multi use style quilts thinking they were not wide enough. Also wasn’t sure about the horizontal baffles on a top quilt. I did know I absolutely love the horizontal baffles on their underquilt and think it just makes sense. It also seemed that for the money, hammock gear consistently had several more oz’s of down for comparable temp ratings. I finally recently bought a Shenandoah for my warmest weather option and was so blown away with how it felt in the hammock. Also loved how, like their underquilt, you could shake the quilt in such a fashion to heavily load the center… where you want it. I’m now , completely sold on the horizontal baffles for the top quilts as well. I liked the Shenandoah so much I purchased the Hudson River. I really do like the narrower width of these and it’s because of this that I’m questioning my purchase of the long and wide burrow.
    I guess the point of all this rambling is just to say it’s nice to have all these options and and even look forward to trying more from some of the best cottage vendors who participate in one of the best online communities!
    kris
    Last edited by Kmazuro; 10-17-2021 at 10:54.

Hammock
    Towns end, WBRR
    Tarp
    Mini/thunder, ugq
    Insulation
    AHE,zenbivy,JRB,HG
    Suspension
    HG UL Daisy chain
    Sooo. There are two things to add to my post above.
    I did complete the trifecta and got the JRB old rag mountain 0* to complete the multi use line.
    I also contacted hammock gear to see if I could exchange my long/wide burrow for a standard/wide quilt of the same specs. They were more than happy to and I promptly sent back my quilt and already received the replacement. At least now I know what size hammock gear quilt I prefer. There specs are right on. I am 5’11 and the standard length is perfect . Im so glad I ended up with the proper size for me and thanks to hammock gear for the fantastic customer service!
    kris

Images
    Well, it does sound as though you have all possible quilt needs covered, sort of like me. Then again, you are in NY so your potential quilt needs are vastly greater than mine(way down south). I have a couple of JRB UQs + a JRB TQ, the original synthetic WB Yeti ( with removable layers of Climashield, so adjustable from a 45-50 rating to close to zero), and a Golight 20 TQ(though many folks felt it was more of a 30F or 40F TQ) I used to have a Speer Pea Pod but for some crazy reason I sold it. I think I had planned to get a new one with treated down, but the company went out of business before I got around to it.

• + New Posts