Hammock
    MYOG Bridge
    Tarp
    Superfly
    Suspension
    Straps & Turtles
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by ibgary View Post
    I think the working load is about 500. I switched to using zing-it last yr with no issues. Last week I made a zing-it woopie sling (~6"burry) and tried it in the hammock. Held fine (160 lbs), so I added my daughter (250 lbs.), them me and the wife (290 lbs.)
    I'm confused about the difference between lash-it and zing-it. I think the lash-it is stronger, 600. I know it is significantly harder to do a back splice.
    I've switched out almost all of my Dynema for zing-it. If anyone wants Dynema send me a message.

Sent from my couch
    I saw on Reddit a while back the Zing it was the 2.2 and the Lash it was the 1.75 but that may be anecdotal, regional, or purely conjectural...or deliberately false since it was on Reddit. Everywhere I see it officially sold there's no distinction made.

I heard from RBTR with that very question about WLL vs MBL on those two cords (thank you Justin!), and he said the weight limits are for MBL with a general safety ratio of 5:1, so WLL is roughly 130lbs for the 2.2mm and 100lbs for the 1.75mm.

...aaaaaand as you were. Sorry to momentarily sidetrack the thread.

Hammock
    Warbonnet Ridgerunner
    Tarp
    HG DCF std w/doors
    Insulation
    WM TQ, UGQ UQ
    Suspension
    Whoopie slings
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by packman9000 View Post
    I saw on Reddit a while back the Zing it was the 2.2 and the Lash it was the 1.75 but that may be anecdotal, regional, or purely conjectural...or deliberately false since it was on Reddit.
    It's actually just the color they apply to the UHWPE that is the difference. Zing-it is yellow and Lash-it is grey. I believe there may be some difference in "slipperyness" with the Zing-it being more slippery, but that also may be purely conjectural.
    Iceman857

"An optimist is a man who plants two acorns and buys a hammock" - Jean de Lattre de Tassigny (French Army General in WWII)

Hammock
    Dutch 12' Netless
    Tarp
    ProVenture Nylon
    Insulation
    HG Incubator
    Suspension
    Humming Bird style
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by packman9000 View Post
    I saw on Reddit a while back the Zing it was the 2.2 and the Lash it was the 1.75 but that may be anecdotal, regional, or purely conjectural...or deliberately false since it was on Reddit. Everywhere I see it officially sold there's no distinction made.
    Zing-it and Lash-it are both available in 1.75mm and 2.2 mm diameters. The difference is the coating applied to the line. Zing-it is more slippery as it was designed as a throw line for arborists.

Sampson Rope

• + New Posts
  • Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12