Thread: RR bug net rip

Hammock
    Warbonnet Ridgerunner
    Tarp
    Superfly

RR bug net rip

On my first night of a fall trip to Sylvania Wilderness area I was zipping my RR bug net closed while sitting inside of it. As I worked zipper around right corner of foot box the bug net ripped. It was a 5 in rip and never got any bigger the rest of the week. I contacted WB and sent it out for repair. They did a great job and sent it back quickly. I’m not sure why the rip occurred. Trying to figure out if I did something wrong our just a fluke failure? The hang angle seemed right to me but trees were farther apart than I would normally set up in. I’m not sure if that matters? The hammock is only 3 years old and only used twice a year, 1 week in spring and fall.

Hammock
    WBBB, WBRR, WL LiteOwl
    Tarp
    OES, WL BullFro
    Insulation
    HG UQ, TQ, WB UQ
    Suspension
    Python Straps
    Moray, depending upon where you are sitting, you could have been putting a little stress/pressure on the zipper/net. T’were it me, if I had to go around corners with the netting, I’d get out of the hammock so there would be no body weight pressure on anything. Opening/closing the long side to get in and out is fine. But I wanted the net off and rolled up, I’d do it with me outside the hammock.

I’m not saying you did anything wrong or that you can’t fully unzip or zip the hammock while staying in it. For me, it’s just a matter of minimally stressing my gear.

I’m glad, in these troubled times, and WB was able to tend to it quickly.
    In order to see what few have seen, you must go where few have gone. And DO what few have done.

• + New Posts