SLD Trail Lair
    Tarp
    SLD Winter Haven
    Insulation
    Trail Winder, ORM
    Suspension
    MyersTech+whoopie
    Quote Originally Posted by CVKealey View Post
    I have two, one each in 20 and 40 degree range. They fit well on my GE hammocks and pack well. However, in my experience, they don't perform to their advertised temp range
    I haven't taken mine anywhere close to 20 so can't speak to how well mine holds up. I've got a couple trips planned in next few months (or even in backyard) where I can test the limits

Good to know your experiences with them.

Hammock
    Blackbird
    Tarp
    11' WB Superfly
    Insulation
    Wookie
    Suspension
    Beckett and EVOs
    I ordered one last night. 3.6 climashield on the main, and the 3.6 snap-on secondary.
    I know there's a chart around that states what the stacked temp ratings are supposed to be, which states that this stacked combo is 10*. I have a suspicion that the chart is not necessarily a comfort rating chart however.
    Thanks for all the info everyone!

Hammock
    DH Raven/Darien
    Tarp
    WB Mountainfly
    Insulation
    Loco Libre/HG/SLD
    Suspension
    Myerstech/Becket
    That modular version seems pretty neat. I have a 40° Trail Winder and love it. It's super easy to set up, and it's as light as most other 40° full-length down quilts and almost as packable.

Hammock
    Blackbird
    Tarp
    11' WB Superfly
    Insulation
    Wookie
    Suspension
    Beckett and EVOs
    WOW. Ordered the underquilt (plus extra snap-on quilt) late on 10-19 (11pm?). Got an email this morning that it's done and should ship today.

Hammock
    Blackbird
    Tarp
    11' WB Superfly
    Insulation
    Wookie
    Suspension
    Beckett and EVOs
    Received my underquilt on 10-27. Very nicely put together and I decided to sleep in the backyard in it last night.
    The one I ordered has is 3.6 Climashield with the additional modular 3.6 Climashield secondary layer of insulation. Since it was only projected to get down to 51F last night, I removed the secondary layer. Winds were 6-10mph on and off all night - I probably should have set up my tarp on one side as a wind break but I was setting it up late (and in the dark) so I opted to try without the tarp.
    My backside stayed warm all night. My toes got slightly cool around 3am, but that was because of the wind leeching the warmth from them since they're sticking up in the air, even in socks
    Adjustment was pretty easy - I hooked it up and got in. After an hour or so of reading a book, I noticed the calf ridge was a little sharp. I got out and dropped the foot-end suspension on the underquilt about 2" on the shock cord and was good the rest of the night.
    If I were going to change anything, it would be that I may add a couple loops on the perimeter of the quilt to line up with the Chameleon hammock's clips so I could clip the underquilt there. Especially the foot end, which slipped off my legs when I initially got in. A quick reach outside the hammock fixed that up though.
    Now I'm looking forward to some cooler weather so I can try out the secondary layer! And the 20*F topquilt I have.... Up to now I've just used an unmodified Costco down quilt for my top quilt.
    20211028_092807.jpg

Hammock
    SLD Trail Lair
    Tarp
    WL Tadpole
    Insulation
    SLD TW/HG Econ
    Suspension
    Whoopie Slings
    Quote Originally Posted by jakev383 View Post
    If I were going to change anything, it would be that I may add a couple loops on the perimeter of the quilt to line up with the Chameleon hammock's clips so I could clip the underquilt there. Especially the foot end, which slipped off my legs when I initially got in. A quick reach outside the hammock fixed that up though.
    Now I'm looking forward to some cooler weather so I can try out the secondary layer! And the 20*F topquilt I have.... Up to now I've just used an unmodified Costco down quilt for my top quilt.
    20211028_092807.jpg
    I added small shock cord loops on both of mine to line up with the UQ hooks on my hammocks, just on the left shoulder side and right foot side. Have not had it slip off since.

Sent from my moto g power using Tapatalk

Hammock
    Warbonnet ridgerunner/ chameleon
    Tarp
    WB Thunderfly
    Insulation
    Synthetic UQ
    Suspension
    Dutch beetles
    I own 3 trail winders. 20, 40,and a 50. They are my only under quilts now. Super simple. I also exclusively use his trail lair hammock. SLD is really nice gear. Zero complaints a nd nobody gets it built and shipped faster.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• + New Posts
  • Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12