Dangerbird, (custom) thanks Papa
    Tarp
    10x10 DIY
    Insulation
    DIY insultex.
    Suspension
    Woopie, UCR
    Quote Originally Posted by Latherdome View Post
    You describe a tight space, yes. In future, I suggest you experiment with collapsing a few segments on all 4 poles, everything else remaining connected as normal. This lets you “unfold” the stand at setup time without striking a low ceiling, and also to store the stand folded in minimal space out of the way by day, hammock and all remaining connected. Unless you’re very tall with a long hammock, you may be able to leave some of those segments collapsed as you lay in the temporarily smaller stand.

As for anchoring indoors, doors and windows closed near hinge points upon the anchor line are always my first go-tos. If a counterweight, we’d suggest a minimum of 1/3 body weight, 1/2 affording more security. A weight exceeding that of your body is fine but certainly overkill. You’d have to hang your entire body weight from the head end apex to lift a foot anchor weighing barely less than you, just like a beam scale with the feet as fulcrum: not a real use case.

This site and I believe also Hängemattenforum.de shows truly free-standing Tensa4 setups ideal for indoors. They are a bit more complicated, and not as roomy as the normal setup. But we are also prototyping and testing a kit of parts and instructions to improve both the simplicity and capacity issues of the methods already shown. We’re not yet sure what the demand may be for such a thing, but as long as free-standing function continues to come up as a must-have, we’ll keep at it.

This fits a 12’ hammock with foot end higher, unlike earlier free-standing configurations shown. Now imagine the trapezoidal base as a solid sheet of material that doubles as a mat for your shoes etc. and a roll-up bag for the stand with room for the few extra tubing sections used, tarp extensions, etc.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I've looked at this set up, which is nice, but for motorcycle and kayak it's just to big. Any thing smaller on the drawing board. The Kealty pole setup I use is about half the size. For me (motorcycle and kayak crowd) it comes down to size.

Sent from my couch

Hammock
    banana-shaped
    Tarp
    greenish
    Insulation
    yes
    Suspension
    disbelief
    Quote Originally Posted by ibgary View Post
    I've looked at this set up, which is nice, but for motorcycle and kayak it's just to big. Any thing smaller on the drawing board. The Kealty pole setup I use is about half the size. For me (motorcycle and kayak crowd) it comes down to size.

Sent from my couch
    It’s unclear what you’re comparing or measuring. If you’re talking packed size, Tensa4 and Tensa Solo both pack to 20” long, which fits easily on every motorbike or kayak we know.

--
    Tensa Outdoor, LLC, maker of the Tensa4, Tensa Solo, and Tensa Trekking Treez hammock stands: http://tensaoutdoor.com/

Hammock
    Dangerbird, (custom) thanks Papa
    Tarp
    10x10 DIY
    Insulation
    DIY insultex.
    Suspension
    Woopie, UCR
    Quote Originally Posted by Latherdome View Post
    It’s unclear what you’re comparing or measuring. If you’re talking packed size, Tensa4 and Tensa Solo both pack to 20” long, which fits easily on every motorbike or kayak we know.

The set up I use, when packed measures about 22" long and 10" circumference. What is the circumference on the Solo when packed.
    Thanks for the reply.

Sent from my couch

Hammock
    SLD Trail Lair
    Tarp
    Warbonnet Edge
    Insulation
    Wooki UQ; LL/HG TQ
    Suspension
    CL w/ Tensa 4
    The set up I use, when packed measures about 22" long and 10" circumference. What is the circumference on the Solo when packed.
    Thanks for the reply.

Sent from my couch
    If you scroll down through the various posts on this thread, a handful of different bikers have weighed in showing and telling how packable the Tensa is on their bikes.

Hammock
    banana-shaped
    Tarp
    greenish
    Insulation
    yes
    Suspension
    disbelief
    Thanks for the reply.

Sent from my couch
    Solo is 1-3/8” OD, telescopic instead of segmented like Kelty poles, so that’s it. Anchors add to that, Boomstakes being slimmest at about thumb thickness. Double if packing two poles.

--
    Tensa Outdoor, LLC, maker of the Tensa4, Tensa Solo, and Tensa Trekking Treez hammock stands: http://tensaoutdoor.com/

• + New Posts
  • Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345