Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Latherdome View Post
    we are also prototyping and testing a kit of parts and instructions to improve both the simplicity and capacity issues of the methods already shown...

This fits a 12’ hammock with foot end higher, unlike earlier free-standing configurations shown. Now imagine the trapezoidal base as a solid sheet of material that doubles as a matt for your shoes etc. and a roll-up bag for the stand with room for the few extra tubing sections used, tarp extensions, etc.
    Love, love, love the idea.
    This deserves its own thread.

I can’t sleep in beds either. You do know that at least dozens of Tensa4 customers use it as is in hotels now, more simply than what’s shown in the photo?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Some hotels have plenty of room (without pushing the bed aside lol) and some do not, especially older hotels in small towns. I'm this close to buying one but the DIYer in me really wants to build one. Since it will, almost always, be transported in a 1 ton truck weight is not an issue. For portability I'm eyeing the treez.

Hammock
    banana-shaped
    Tarp
    greenish
    Insulation
    yes
    Suspension
    disbelief

YOBO CRICKET STAND

Quote Originally Posted by Micah View Post
    Some hotels have plenty of room (without pushing the bed aside lol) and some do not, especially older hotels in small towns. I'm this close to buying one but the DIYer in me really wants to build one. Since it will, almost always, be transported in a 1 ton truck weight is not an issue. For portability I'm eyeing the treez.
    Bed aside? This motel had insufficient floor space and the beds were on solid platforms, I guess after they got tired of hauling out the dead bodies from underneath. You can anchor securely to the bed upon which you set up. What bedbugs? Cricket could probably work here by spanning the beds.

--
    Tensa Outdoor, LLC, maker of the Tensa4, Tensa Solo, and Tensa Trekking Treez hammock stands: http://tensaoutdoor.com/

Hammock
    WB Blackbird
    Tarp
    RSBTR Winter Hex12
    Insulation
    DIY Wookie style
    Suspension
    Tensa4, Trekking
    Images
    inbound7656220721383266947.jpginbound4777596663739648324.jpg
    I had to stay with my mother in her retirement apartment for several days to take care of her. I was able to sleep in my hammock in her apartment using the Tensa4 and a door knob as the anchor. Her apartment is pretty small, and since my mother is 90, and her balance was off, it needed to be out of the way when she was up. I forgot to take a picture of it already and sitting in the corner as a column completely out of the way.

On a previous trip I used the couch and her coffee table as my anchor, but the door knob (outside knob) is a much better solution.
    Come check out the Tensa4 tensahedron stand and other hammock stands at http://www.TensaOutdoor.com and [email protected]

Hammock
    WBBB SL 1.7
    Tarp
    WB Mamajamba
    Insulation
    WB 0° Wooki +3oz
    Suspension
    Beetle Buckles
    Images
    Thanks for all the tips. It was not my intent to bad-mouth the Tensa4, and I know that where there is a will, I could most likely make a Tensa4 work even under unfavorable circumstances. I'm just saying that the Tensa4 system doesn't work as well as the Cricket Stand system in certain situations - and vice versa.

For safety reasons I would not be willing to set up any stand on a bed. I have involuntarily managed to do some stunts that I'd rather not repeat with a Tensa4 on a bed Also I don't use windows, doors or radiators as anchor points, because I think that the risk of causing damages is too high for my taste. And in the two indoor places I have the need for a stand most often, the Tensa4 simply uses up too much space to be practical. I don't count this against the Tensa4, really, because it would be as unfair to complain that a mountainbike with big knobby tires doesn't ride as fast on the road as a racing bike with smooth thin tires. Or that my GE hammock is not as comfortable to use on the ground as my tent...

Hammock
    Warrior Edge UL - LSoH
    Tarp
    'Razor' Hex - LSoH
    Insulation
    LSoH Toaster TQ/UQ
    Suspension
    Various
    I can’t sleep in beds either. You do know that at least dozens of Tensa4 customers use it as is in hotels now, more simply than what’s shown in the photo?

As much as I love all the enthusiasm you basically took over a Cricket discussion / thread. You probably wouldn't like that in the reverse scenario.

Hammock
    banana-shaped
    Tarp
    greenish
    Insulation
    yes
    Suspension
    disbelief

YOBO CRICKET STAND

Quote Originally Posted by Firesong View Post
    As much as I love all the enthusiasm you basically took over a Cricket discussion / thread. You probably wouldn't like that in the reverse scenario.
    I was the 17th commenter in thread after Tensa had been mentioned favorably or unfavorably several times already by others. Maybe I piled on, but it felt like fair game at that point. I would certainly not insert Tensa into a discussion among Cricket users or prospectives who were not asking or making questionable assertions about Tensa already. Half my comments here point out favorable aspects of YOBO stands (strength:weight, 7000-series, fabrication quality, free-standing design, etc) in the course of responding to what had already become largely a YOBO vs Tensa thread.

I will add that I don't necessarily think Cricket is overpriced, for what it is. It's maybe nicer than it needs to be, but that's laudable in every other class of product. The point of view that hammocks and related gear need to be priced in some small multiple of Big Macs is tired and sorta offensive, considering the pleasure and utility they offer for many years, and how viably they can replace beds costing thousands.

Last edited by Latherdome; 12-01-2021 at 12:21.
    --
    Tensa Outdoor, LLC, maker of the Tensa4, Tensa Solo, and Tensa Trekking Treez hammock stands: http://tensaoutdoor.com/

Guys, I know this is your livelihood but, I think the vast majority of us that have not purchased either stand (or even those that have) like to see them compared head to head. As has been stated, they both have strengths and weaknesses in any given scenario.

Hammock
    DIY gathered end
    Tarp
    Hinterland gear
    Insulation
    down bag
    Suspension
    strap & E.T.'s
    Images
    I see a lot of talk about the price.... but wait, there's more!
    "*Bonus!!! The Cricket Stand comes with a FREE custom carrying case. You’ll have room not only for your hammock stand, but any carabiners, stakes, and other accessories you decide to pack with you!"
    Y'all are clearly undervaluing the carrying case.
    Good luck,
    RED

My Youtube Channel

Deep peace of the running wave to you.
    Deep peace of the flowing air to you.
    Deep peace of the quiet earth to you.
    Deep peace of the shining stars to you.
    Deep peace without end to you.
    adapted from - ancient gaelic runes

Hammock
    Dangerbird, (custom) thanks Papa
    Tarp
    10x10 DIY
    Insulation
    DIY insultex.
    Suspension
    Woopie, UCR
    Is there a discount code for YOBO, anything for the forum crowd? My Kelty tarp poles work. I've used them multiple times, but I'm thinking of upgrading to the YOBO. One of the Kelty poles folded in the Mohave desert back in Feb. Planning a trip on the Yukon River 2 yrs away and I don't want a failure out there.

Sent from my couch

• + New Posts
  • Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast