Quote Originally Posted by Latherdome View Post
Oh, missed the or maybe it wasn't enough. No intent to offend; sorry if I missed the mark. Yes, I too hate that I can't engage on stuff I'm passionate about because my commercial interest contaminates credibility. Good to know that the Cricket works with your 111" ridgelines. On the German site they're using Tensa tarp extensions.
If the intent was grin, then I withdraw some of my angst from the reply. So many people are offering opinions on gear they hope to make 2 cents off of, come watch my video so I can make some more cents. Look my logo is on this 'X' it must be good, come buy it.. I miss the videos that aren't swamped with advertising and people use gear as a tool to supplement an outing rather than a 'Look at Me' and click this link.
Yeah, once I could get the translation to work I noticed their extensions. There is a video out showing how to connect them, it's on the outside of the apex of the hub rather than the inner which can allow the tarp lengths to differ between models etc.
I did mention in my comments that this model isn't for everyone. Price range dictates a lot of things. People poo-poo things without even seeing something and trying it just because of price. So it's nice to see people using 'x' and giving a non shill experience about it.
I will add that you have supported a lot of people to try making their own Tensa style of stand on their own which, I have no doubt, will bring people in to buy your gear since it become a lot more transportable and more refined than the DIY approach. And that free exchange of help is great.
I am sure that as I use the Yobo stand I will find things that need some awareness about, and I will share that with everyone including Yobo.