Quote Originally Posted by BillyBob58 View Post
Consider shortening or even getting rid of(temporarily) any hammock suspension, and just using any closed loops on the hammock(if you have them) to connect directly to one of the stand poles, on each end. This will give you a hammock that is higher off the ground, while allowing relatively wider base. Which will be because the main stand poles are higher, which will then allow you to use a tarp extender that is not so high and so near the end of the stand's poles, if desired.

If doing the above results in a hammock that is TOO high above the ground, even with the stand at max width, then just add some hammock suspension back into the mix.
BillyBob,
Thanks for the feedback, that's what I really like about this forum. But I don't think I'm tracking with you here. If I understand your method, won't that make the Tensa ends closer and thus creating even more slack in the tarp. To try and make sure I was clear, what I am/was running into was not enough distance between the tarp extension thus too much slack in the tarp. However, after playing around some more I think I'm in a good place. It feels pretty sturdy.

IMG_1622.jpg