banana-shaped
    Tarp
    greenish
    Insulation
    yes
    Suspension
    disbelief
    Quote Originally Posted by uninjured View Post
    What are the approx dimensions of this setup - particularly total length (without tarp extenders) and general width? Trying to see if this thing would work in one of my indoor rooms.
    Since it has no fixed angles, it depends how set up. Total length needn't be more than a few inches longer than your hammock's ridgeline, since you don't need to extend all segments completely. For a 12' hammock, that can be about 11'. Width is usually ~6', though I've slept many nights with it at 4'.
    --
    Tensa Outdoor, LLC, maker of the Tensa4, Tensa Solo, and Tensa Trekking Treez hammock stands: http://tensaoutdoor.com/

Hammock
    WBBB, WBRR, WL LiteOwl
    Tarp
    OES, WL BullFro
    Insulation
    HG UQ, TQ, WB UQ
    Suspension
    Python Straps
    I always think in terms of hammock hang distance. Then I have to remind myself that it's the Tarp that's the driver. An 11 ft hammock, with normal sag, only needs about 9 ft but and 11 ft tarp needs 11+ ft. TensaOutdoors does sell tarp extensions for the Tensa4. I'm guessing that's the second purchase if you didn't think of them on the first order.
    In order to see what few have seen, you must go where few have gone. And DO what few have done.

I'm sorry if this has already been said and I missed it, but after several days of browsing the forum, I couldn't find this information:
    does anyone have any idea of ​​the force exerted on the anchor of a tensa?

Hammock
    WBBB, WBRR, WL LiteOwl
    Tarp
    OES, WL BullFro
    Insulation
    HG UQ, TQ, WB UQ
    Suspension
    Python Straps
    Spoutch, welcome to the forum. Understand that there are two ends of the Tensa4 and the force is different on each one. If you pay very careful attention to balance, the head-end tether is hardly necessary. But I would not recommend it (no head-end tether) until you have many hours of experience with the Tensa4's idiosyncrasies. The foot end requires a good anchor and I recall something in the realm of 70 lbs.

A note to TensaOutdoors would get you an official answer.
    In order to see what few have seen, you must go where few have gone. And DO what few have done.

Hammock
    banana-shaped
    Tarp
    greenish
    Insulation
    yes
    Suspension
    disbelief
    Quote Originally Posted by Spoutch View Post
    I'm sorry if this has already been said and I missed it, but after several days of browsing the forum, I couldn't find this information:
    does anyone have any idea of ​​the force exerted on the anchor of a tensa?
    Hi. We recommend that the foot-end anchor be able to bear a pull equal to half the weight of the user. A third will suffice with caution. But technically, the load can be close to zero. The stand balances on a fulcrum base. The closer to level, the less need for strong anchoring. But close to level also puts you near the tipping point.

Most people prefer a substantial lean on the stand for the most stable feeling, but if anchor strength is a strong concern, try anchoring both ends lightly and tilting stand closer to level, with your center of gravity also close to the baseline. You still need to be careful getting in and out when you’re close to a tipping point, but if it’s easier to find two light duty anchors, one for each end, than one strong anchor for the foot end, minimum tilt could be your friend.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    --
    Tensa Outdoor, LLC, maker of the Tensa4, Tensa Solo, and Tensa Trekking Treez hammock stands: http://tensaoutdoor.com/

Thank you !

• + New Posts
  • Page 18 of 18 FirstFirst ... 8161718