banana-shaped
    Tarp
    greenish
    Insulation
    yes
    Suspension
    disbelief
    Quote Originally Posted by Crazytown3 View Post
    Hi Stormstaff. Looks good, except I put my tarp extensions on the opposite side of the Tensa poles, using the 2 end-caps as a fulcrum rather than the loops like you have it. Other than that, you are there!
    Crazytown, Stormstaff has the most current foot style, where the pole connectors go through holes in the feet instead of through the poles. This makes the poles effectively longer, but leaves a smaller "fulcrum" on the outside of the poles than older styles, so what Stormstaff has done is probably easiest. There's more than one way to do most things with our stands, which is either a blessing or curse depending on personality. Either way, our Tarp Extension docs could use some updating!

Stormstaff, when you put some good tension on that tarp, you may find that the extensions are more stable, and offer a wider range of lateral adjustment, when you loop the black adjuster lines around the poles much lower down, so they catch on the spring button heads joining the top 2 tubing segments.
    --
    Tensa Outdoor, LLC, maker of the Tensa4, Tensa Solo, and Tensa Trekking Treez hammock stands: http://tensaoutdoor.com/

Hammock
    Dutchware Chameleon
    Tarp
    OMW or Dutch Wide
    Insulation
    Hammock Gear
    Suspension
    Whoopies/ Dutch
    Quote Originally Posted by Latherdome View Post
    Crazytown, Stormstaff has the most current foot style, where the pole connectors go through holes in the feet instead of through the poles. This makes the poles effectively longer, but leaves a smaller "fulcrum" on the outside of the poles than older styles, so what Stormstaff has done is probably easiest. There's more than one way to do most things with our stands, which is either a blessing or curse depending on personality. Either way, our Tarp Extension docs could use some updating!

Stormstaff, when you put some good tension on that tarp, you may find that the extensions are more stable, and offer a wider range of lateral adjustment, when you loop the black adjuster lines around the poles much lower down, so they catch on the spring button heads joining the top 2 tubing segments.
    Yes, the docs are "lacking" (no offense). So, would it be better try and put the extension on the outside of the poles? I was hoping to get it figured out yesterday because my son and I were going to try and camp in the backyard.

Next time I try, I'll try to make sure I have plenty of time and not rushing.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Hammock
    banana-shaped
    Tarp
    greenish
    Insulation
    yes
    Suspension
    disbelief
    Quote Originally Posted by Stormstaff View Post
    So, would it be better try and put the extension on the outside of the poles?
    No, one way is no better than another outside of specific contexts. For example, if you were unable to get the span points wide enough to tension the tarp, it would probably be better to have them outboard, perhaps pinched between pole feet and the pole connector on the outside. That way the horizontal adjusters wouldn't likely bottom out too soon to tension, say, a 13' tarp.
    --
    Tensa Outdoor, LLC, maker of the Tensa4, Tensa Solo, and Tensa Trekking Treez hammock stands: http://tensaoutdoor.com/

Hammock
    Dutchware Chameleon
    Tarp
    OMW or Dutch Wide
    Insulation
    Hammock Gear
    Suspension
    Whoopies/ Dutch
    It's hard to remember but I think both of my tarps are 12'ers

Hammock
    banana-shaped
    Tarp
    greenish
    Insulation
    yes
    Suspension
    disbelief
    It's hard to remember but I think both of my tarps are 12'ers
    In that case I think you may need to give up some height to be able to get the extension tips well outboard, with the black adjusters looped around the button heads lower down on poles.
    --

Hammock
    WB Eldorado/DIY
    Tarp
    WB MiniFly/DIY 12'
    Insulation
    WB Wooki/HG Burrow
    Suspension
    DW Spider/Beetle
    Noted, thank you sir! I'm still trucking with my Tensa4 early version (2018!), and happily doing so.

Hammock
    Dutchware Chameleon
    Tarp
    OMW or Dutch Wide
    Insulation
    Hammock Gear
    Suspension
    Whoopies/ Dutch
    In that case I think you may need to give up some height to be able to get the extension tips well outboard, with the black adjusters looped around the button heads lower down on poles.
    Lower mounting will give me a shorter height but a wider span?

Hammock
    banana-shaped
    Tarp
    greenish
    Insulation
    yes
    Suspension
    disbelief
    Lower mounting will give me a shorter height but a wider span?

Looping the black adjusters lower on the poles will let you tighten them enough to make the extensions just about inline with the poles, pointing more outward than upward. That will necessarily lower the tips.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    --

Hammock
    SLD TL 1.6
    Tarp
    ThunderFly SP 20D
    Insulation
    SLD UQ, Costco TQ
    Suspension
    Becket
    What are the approx dimensions of this setup - particularly total length (without tarp extenders) and general width? Trying to see if this thing would work in one of my indoor rooms.

Hammock
    Dutchware Chameleon
    Tarp
    OMW or Dutch Wide
    Insulation
    Hammock Gear
    Suspension
    Whoopies/ Dutch
    Looping the black adjusters lower on the poles will let you tighten them enough to make the extensions just about inline with the poles, pointing more outward than upward. That will necessarily lower the tips.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    This worked for the tarp extensions and I had 2 successful nights last weekend in my stand.

Went to use our stands this weekend in the backyard without a tarp and it was so windy that it kept blowing them over. So, we took the hammocks off and figured we attach them when we were going to bed but I couldn't get my son's adjusted right and one on my anchor straps wasn't holding once I sat in the hammock.

We called it quits and packed it up. I'll have to look at it more in the light. That's what I get for trying to do it in the dark.

• + New Posts
  • Page 17 of 18 FirstFirst ... 715161718 LastLast