SC > Fall Sprawl with PSH - Santee State Park - (THIS WEEKEND) Oct 8-10th

Opps, Didn't realize it hadn't been posted over here...Mea culpa!
    For any in the area, or those interested:

It’s time.
    It's past time.
    It's time to get together with dozens of your favorite friends and vendors and relax under the shade of the trees.
    We have the entire primitive section reserved, so we have plenty of room for everyone!

Vendors expected:
    803 Outpost (Nectar of the GODS)
    Fire and Ice (All sorts of cool stuff)
    Wahalla Hammocks & Outdoors (Custom made gear)
    Yobo gear (Some really cool Hammock Stands)
    Cedar Ridge Outdoors (Custom under quilts & accessories)
    JRB Quilts (Quilts)
    ????

We have gear to give away from Hanging High Hammocks, 803 Outpost, Wahalla Hammocks, Simply light designs, Kammock, YOBO Gear, JRB Quilts, Fire & Ice Outdoor Gear, Elemental Horizons, UGQ, BC Knives, Packit Gormet, McLean Metalworks, Loop Alien, Xero Shoes, CRO and more!

Cost:
    PSH Supporting Member dues for the 2021-2022 year will be $25
    Other Adults: $5 for the weekend
    Kids: Always FREE
    Paypal: [email protected]

Gear Raffle Tickets: $5 each, 5/$20, 30/$100
    (absentee tickets may be purchased and name a proxy prize picker)
    All proceeds are donated to the SC State Parks!

Individuals are encouraged to donate items to the raffle. New and Gently Used items may be donated in exchange for raffle tickets. See one of the officers to donate.

We have come to the difficult decision this year to not have an organized 'pot luck' or Dutch oven cook off. Covid cases are unfortunately on the rise again 🙁
    Schedule of events:

Wednesday - Really Early Birds arrive
    Wednesday - (Assorted hours) - Contemplate Nature

Thursday - Regular Early birds arrive
    Thursday (Assorted Hours) - Contemplate the Universe and your role within it. Discus other philisophical topics of interest.

Friday - "Normal" folks show up.
    Friday PM - Campfire enjoyment, meet new people, visit old friends.
    10pm - "Quiet" time begins at the campground. Please be considerite of those who are sleeping. If you think you may be disturbed by the campfire, please sleep further away from it...
    Friday 11:59pm - Possible Bacon sighting...

Saturday:
    8am(ish) - Coffee, Breakfast
    10am - Registration opens, Ticket sales begin
    10:30am - Alexander Clarke - Light weight decisions/ Thru hike considerations.
    11:00am - Tim Bond - "How to" Bake better Bannock bread beautifully.
    12pm - Lunch (on own)
    12:30 - Freedom Stands Demo
    1pm - Roger Hames - Nutty about knots!
    2pm - Gear sale
    3pm - Raffle, raise money for Palmetto Campout!
    4pm - (Or after Raffle) Group Photo
    6pm - Dinner (on own-ish)
    8pm - Campfire turned on...
    10pm - "Quiet" time begins at the campground. Please be considerate of those who are sleeping. If you think you may be disturbed by the campfire, please sleep further away from it...

Sunday:
    8am(ish) Coffee, maybe breakfast...
    Last edited by SCBrian; 10-07-2021 at 04:44.

Hammock
    Warbonnet, Eldorado, Ridgerunner
    Tarp
    WB thunderfly, etc
    Insulation
    WB Wookie
    Suspension
    Whoopie slings etc
    Ummm, where is this being held exactly?

Hammock
    WildernessLogics 12x6
    Tarp
    HG cuben 13ridge12
    Insulation
    TopQuiltUnderQuilt
    Suspension
    S and D
    Quote Originally Posted by Pavel View Post
    Ummm, where is this being held exactly?
    Pavel, here is a Phantom guess
    Palmetto State Hangers is a FaceBook group
    I believe all information about this upcoming hang will be on FaceBook
    They might get back to this thread and post an answer and they might not
    It’s not personal, but they mainly stick to FaceBook and only occasionally post on Hammock Forums

Hammock
    Tarp
    WB thunderfly, etc
    Insulation
    WB Wookie
    Suspension
    Whoopie slings etc
    ahh good to know. Thanks. But I don't do facebook, so "oh well".

Apologies - Santee State Park, SC

Quote Originally Posted by Phantom Grappler View Post
    Pavel, here is a Phantom guess
    Palmetto State Hangers is a FaceBook group
    I believe all information about this upcoming hang will be on FaceBook
    They might get back to this thread and post an answer and they might not
    It’s not personal, but they mainly stick to FaceBook and only occasionally post on Hammock Forums
    That is unfortunately correct, though we are making changes to address that and placing a member directly in charge of dissemination of information...

Hammock
    WBBB, RR, Eno Dn
    Tarp
    WB SF, CB
    Insulation
    WB Mamba, UGQUQ
    Suspension
    Whoopies, D Clips
    Wow I have attended this hang twice, but since I dont Facebook I cant keep up with PSH. Catch you all next time.
    Straight out of Clayton.

Most physical hike: Grandfather Mountain, NC. Aug 13.

I don't need to make my pack lighter. I need to make my (_*_) lighter.

Hammock
    Tarp
    WB thunderfly, etc
    Insulation
    WB Wookie
    Suspension
    Whoopie slings etc
    Dang.That is a very doable 3 hr drive for me. If I hadn't committed to going to the beach to see friends this weekend, yesterday, I would have come. Next year, or next gathering that you have then. I've learned so much at prior hangs that I regret the opportunities I've missed.

Hammock
    Tarp
    WB thunderfly, etc
    Insulation
    WB Wookie
    Suspension
    Whoopie slings etc
    Tacoma96, I'm about 20 minutes away from you - and you have the good taste to have the same Hammocks - and there are several breweries between Selma and Clayton. Just saying.

First of all, THANK YOU! THANK YOU! THANK YOU! to everybody that came out and pitched in to make this weekend a success!
    We hosted around 50 people through the weekend and raised over $2000 (Final numbers being tallied by the Treasurer -paypal, etc). ALL OF THAT money goes to the SC State Parks. All of it.
    Thank you to the vendors that made this possible! Your generosity knows no bounds and we wholeheartedly thank you for continuing to support us every year! It is because of these AMAZING vendors that donate to us and the quality of the members that we have, that we are in a unique position to designate _all_ the money raised in the raffle to an outstanding program: Palmetto Campout! After reading this go take a look at the event page, and see if you can help out! (https://www.facebook.com/events/217292083611279/)

Now, First and foremost - I'd like to take a few moments call out and thank our vendors. Some of you didn't think we were serious when we said we were searching far and wide for new vendors:

One of the 'Hot' items this weekend, YOBOGear's (fb.com/YOBOgear) Hammock Stands. Y'all - Calvin Fenton and Kristen Zook traveled over 2000 miles by plane, car and foot, crossed the Mason/Dixon line and 3 time zones, all to be here. They were introduced to Southern BBQ and other pork products and didn't hesitate to continue to smile and put up with us. They left to fly back before some of us went to bed on Satur...er.. Sunday AM. And they did it all with a smile.
    I think we all looked on with hate...I mean congratulations as "Step Buddy" won the Freedom Stand that they donated and we offered him a hearty Raspberry! They have amazing gear at amazing prices, go give their page a like!

Jason Flowers of Wahalla Hammocks and Outdoors (fb.com/walhallahammocks/), Thank you! You've been beside us for years and are always happy to help! Whether it's leading a mountain bike ride, cooking random food, donating your work or helping with all sorts of gear; you never let us down. Thank you and great seeing you this weekend!

Barry Van Meter and FireandIce (fb.com/fireandiceoutdoorgear)/ 803 Outpost (fb.com/803Outpost/) You've always been there for us be it drugging us with tasty caffeine or tossing sharp objects at us. Thank you for all the donations and for all the wonderful gear you offer, be it Kurska's or Chef's knives! You're always welcome around our fire as a vendor or friend!

Barry Garibaldi - with his donations from Sierra Madre Gear (fb.com/sierramadregear/) and Trailheads Hammocks and Accessories (fb.com/TrailHeadzHammocks). Richard Rhett and John Rammel / Karen Rammel couldn't ask for a better front man. Be it helping to solve hammock problems and questions or regaling us around the campfire with your stories and positive attitude - You are always a welcome sight and brighten even the biggest campfire (even if you don't use file` in your Gumbo �� )

Treavor Bates with Hanging High Hammocks (fb.com/HangingHighHammocks) - You were one of the first to offer a donation and I actually had to stop you from sending more stuff! �� From the Adventurer Hammock package to the Ridgelines and all the other gear - it went to great homes and moved fast off the donation table! Thank you!

Justin Oliveri - with Loop Alien (fb.com/LoopAlien) took care of us with a gorgeous - Morrocan Blue RCA starter kit! Much appreciated Justin! You've been by our sides for a while now and we appreciate everything you do!

Jared from Simply Light Designs (https://simplylightdesigns.com) - I wish you could see my face as I opened the donation box you sent in. I was on the phone as I opened it. The conversation was: "he sent a ...omg...I think... everything!!!" We asked for a donation and you sent an ENTIRE! FREAKING! HAMMOCK! SYSTEM! Speechless! Absolutely Speechless and for me, that's saying something.

Emily Tam with Kammock (fb.com/KammokMOB)- Sent us an awesome Sunflower Yellow Roo Double with a suspension system! The color alone makes me think of Spring time already!

Matthew Lagos-Rivera with Elemental Horizons (fb.com/ElementalHorizons)sent in warm, super light weight, buttpads! You need to see the Smartphone / Shoulderstrap pocket they've designed. Keep your phone Handy!

Brad Cartwright (BC Knives) (fb.com/BryanDCustance1) Sent in an awesome custom forged grilling set. (BTW - We expect the winner to come cook for us so we can see them in action!)

Packit Gourmet (fb.com/PackitGourmet/) sent in TONS of free tasty meals! They have been a longtime sponsor of PSH and never fail to deliver on tasty offerings and glad tidings. Be it Moonshine mixers or Austintacious Tortilla Soup - they are your go to source for quality & Tasty meals on the trail! You need to eat while you're out. Why not actually enjoy it?

Waymark Gear (fb.com/WaymarkGearCo) is a new vendor to us. Owned by a Cordon-blue Chef turned backpacker we expect this company's offerings to be tasty! These folks are out of Las Vegas and still find time to make great gear! Thank you for the Zipp Packs!

Hailing all the way from the West Coast -a welder by trade- McLean Metalworks (fb.com/mcleanmetalworks) sent in Gift Certificates for Hitch Mounted Hammock Stands! These really are cool for hammocking in areas without trees or if you need a rest in the middle of a mud bog. Or annoy your coworkers with actually taking a nap at lunch!

Another new vendor this year: Xero Shoes! (fb.com/xeroshoes) And with the amount of barefeet seen this weekend, this was a great donation. (And not a moment to soon!) They provide The most comfortable, versatile sandals and shoes your feet will ever love!

***Folks - Without the help of these vendors and individuals (as well as a few that I'm sure I've forgotten) we never would be able to support the SC Parks programs. Please visit these vendors and as always - support those that support us! Go give those pages a look and a like!
    Again, Thank you! Thank You! Thank you!

• + New Posts