WBRR
    Tarp
    diy sil argon camo
    Insulation
    lynx
    Suspension
    whoopie slings

Dutchware 12 footer questions

Question for any one who uses the dutchware 12 footer netless hammock- what hang angle works best ? What length ridge line do you recommend? Any other tricks and tips unique to a hammock this length? Best distance between trees? Thanks for the info!
    FYI: If you want to know what type a certain bear is, sneak up behind it and kick it. Then,
    run like crazy and climb up a tree. If the bear climbs the tree and eats you, it's a black
    bear. If the bear just pushes the tree over and eats you, it's a grizzly bear : )

Do not walk behind me, for I may not lead. Do not walk ahead of me, for I may not follow. Do not walk beside me, either, just leave me alone.
    --unknown

Hammock
    DH Darien, SLD Tree Runner
    Tarp
    HG hex
    Insulation
    Timmermade, Revolt
    Suspension
    Kevlar, Lapp Hitch
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by stevebo View Post
    Question for any one who uses the dutchware 12 footer netless hammock- what hang angle works best ? What length ridge line do you recommend? Any other tricks and tips unique to a hammock this length? Best distance between trees? Thanks for the info!
    I use 10' and 11' hammocks and the hang angle (of the suspension) is the same... 30° or a skosh more or less. 12' should be the same.

SRL of 119.5" is 83% of 12'.

Distance between trees is whatever you can squeeze the hammock between that also accommodates the tarp. With a 12-footer you're probably looking at 14' minimum distance, but a bit more will make things easier to work with straps, cords etc.

You might need longer shock cord on UQ suspension. Depending on width, might need to tweak UQ angles... super-wide hammocks can create problems here.
    Five Basic Principles of Going Lighter (not me... the great Cam Honan of OZ)
    “If everybody is thinking alike, then somebody isn't thinking.” ~ Gen. George S Patton

Hammock
    WBBB XLC / Wide Chameleon
    Tarp
    WB Superfly
    Insulation
    HG Econ Incubator
    Suspension
    Beetle Buckles
    Images
    Ive had mine hung at 15' and about 13', and both times the lay has been extremely comfortable. I kept the ridgeline pretty much parallel to the ground, where with the Chameleon and BBXLC, i have the foot end approx 14-18" higher than the head. I havent had the opportunity to try the shock cord extension on my UQ yet, but am eager too ASAP.

Hammock
    WildernessLogics 12x6
    Tarp
    HG cuben 13ridge12
    Insulation
    TopQuiltUnderQuilt
    Suspension
    S and D

Dutchware 12 footer questions

For a 12 foot hammock, I use a 10 foot ridgeline
    The ridgeline should not be droopy, it doesn’t have to be overly tight, but should not sag down any.
    This is somehow interrelated with your hang angle
    If it’s right, then your hang angle should be close enough.

That is 12 feet times 12 inches, is 144 inches
    144 inches times .83 is 119.52 inches or 120 inches converted to feet is roughly 120 inches or ten feet

Multiply your hammock length in inches times .83
    This will give your hammock ridgeline starting point. Feel free to change this length in small increments of around an inch at a time to find your hammock comfort sweet spot.
    Probably best not to go too far off the .83 starting point.
    Last edited by Phantom Grappler; 09-27-2021 at 20:08.

Hammock
    WBRR
    Tarp
    diy sil argon camo
    Insulation
    lynx
    Suspension
    whoopie slings
    Thanks for the info!
    FYI: If you want to know what type a certain bear is, sneak up behind it and kick it. Then,
    run like crazy and climb up a tree. If the bear climbs the tree and eats you, it's a black
    bear. If the bear just pushes the tree over and eats you, it's a grizzly bear : )

Do not walk behind me, for I may not lead. Do not walk ahead of me, for I may not follow. Do not walk beside me, either, just leave me alone.
    --unknown

• + New Posts