Tarp
    UGQ WD12
    Insulation
    HG Incubator 20
    Suspension
    Ultimate Straps
    Images

Motorcycle hangers...

I'm looking at getting a new ride next year which will (hopefully) be a Can Am Spyder. For health reasons I need three wheels. Anyway - if you bikers head out & end up at an area sans-trees (say a desert location), what is out there (a stand) that is pack-able on a bike? Anything?
    Retired US Navy, 10-year Stage IIIb colon cancer survivor. I believe my last words will be "Hold my beer..."

Tensa 4.
    Packs down small.
    Repeatable setup after a learning curve.
    Weighs ~15 lbs.

I can't say enough good things about it.

Sent from my SM-G991U1 using Tapatalk

Hammock
    El Dorado
    Tarp
    Varies
    Insulation
    UQ varies
    Suspension
    Whoopie
    My wife took my bikes after I had two bad wrecks in one year. That was awhile ago so add extra stupidity for memories rosy glow.

I can't really think of anything better than a commercial Tensa for a complete solution.

I was willing to use a hiking pole with one stake and my bike for my head with a tree on the other end many times.

I mess around with Diy and I will use homemade even when it is Pita for the same quality. I made it after all.

I have never made nor seen any solution as packable or easy to use on a motorcycle as a comercial tensa

我宁愿在山上。

Hammock
    WB Eldorado/DIY
    Tarp
    WB MiniFly/DIY 12'
    Insulation
    WB Wooki/HG Burrow
    Suspension
    DW Spider/Beetle
    The Tensa4 is it really for a packable stand. I have had mine since 2018, and it is an invaluable piece of my motorcycle trips. I take it everywhere, and have used it everywhere. Love it.

Hammock
    To many
    Tarp
    To many
    Insulation
    Incubator 20 + oth
    Suspension
    Buckles
    Images
    I travel, camp & cook a lot on motorcycle trips. Bought a Tends4. It adds about 12 lb to your load. I haven't took mine on the road yet but still practicing to dial it in. I have a Ridge Runner bridge I'm using @ this time & they don't play well together until dialed perfect. Everybody says they do great with a gathered end hammock.

Hammock
    Towns End BGBH
    Tarp
    UGQ WD12
    Insulation
    HG Incubator 20
    Suspension
    Ultimate Straps
    Images
    Thanks for the Tensa4 recommendation everyone. Looks like one of my 1st purchases after I get the bike.
    Retired US Navy, 10-year Stage IIIb colon cancer survivor. I believe my last words will be "Hold my beer..."

Hammock
    Hammock Tent/SLD Trail Lair
    Tarp
    Tarptent/Thunderfl
    Insulation
    EE
    Suspension
    Kevlar/B. Hitch
    I carry a Tensa Solo. Not a big deal, and gives lots of peace of mind, requiring only one tree/anchor. Then again, on a Spyder I doubt added weight is that big of a deal like it is on a dual sport.

Hammock
    WBBB, WBRR, WL LiteOwl
    Tarp
    OES, WL BullFro
    Insulation
    HG UQ, TQ, WB UQ
    Suspension
    Python Straps
    oldbiker - if you get your Tensa4 dialed in for the WBRR. please post your setup (spread dimensions, end heights, etc.) here or in the WarBonnet sub-forum. I don't use the RR as much as I'd like because of the support distance requirements. A portable stand, that can give the desired separation for a bridge hang with a 13 ft tarp would be pretty nifty. The Tensa4 has a lot of success stories with GE hammocks but I don't see many examples with the RidgeRunner.
    In order to see what few have seen, you must go where few have gone. And DO what few have done.

Hammock
    To many
    Tarp
    To many
    Insulation
    Incubator 20 + oth
    Suspension
    Buckles
    Images
    Will do cougarmeat. Had the thing a couple months & even retired haven't had time to do it. The few times I've set it up I know I'll need to build a longer ridge line. Got plenty amsteel. Was going to make an adjustable whopper & dial in, Mark & do the same for a ge.

Hammock
    WBBB, WBRR, WL LiteOwl
    Tarp
    OES, WL BullFro
    Insulation
    HG UQ, TQ, WB UQ
    Suspension
    Python Straps
    Thanks oldbiker - just a note that I've tried the Bridge offered by RSBTR. It's a kit for about $50 and needs to be sewn. I took the material to a local "gear seamstress" along with URL links to some YouTube videos of it being made. Where the RR is over 40 inches wide at the head and about 28 inches at the foot, this RSBTR bridge is about 32 inches at both ends. It is a single layer and doesn't have a bug net. I'd use a HUG net with it. I am trying it out as an alternative to a lightweight, day hike, hammock. But I've slept in it overnight at home. The attraction is, besides being narrower, it requires a shorter distance between suspension points - maybe closer to 11 ft than 13 ft for the RR.

I'll continue to use the RR for camping, but when I finally get a TENSA$ () setting it up for the RSBTR model would be less challenging.

Note that the $50 cost doesn't include spreader poles and the poles supplied by RSBTR for the kit have larger pins than the standard poles by WB or RutaLocura. The hardware supplied by RSBTR fits those larger (7mm vs 5mm and 4mm [newer bars] mm but if you use alternative hardware, make sure it will work with the larger pin diameter.
    In order to see what few have seen, you must go where few have gone. And DO what few have done.

• + New Posts
  • Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast