SLD Trail Lair
    Tarp
    WL Tadpole
    Insulation
    SLD TW/HG Econ
    Suspension
    Whoopie Slings

Casa de COVID

So, apparently on our Labor day jaunt to Atlanta, I was exposed and tested positive for COVID-19 yesterday. We're all vaccinated, so the symptoms are pretty mild, basically like the head colds I get at some point almost every fall.

Anyway, to minimize the risk of spread and take advantage of the amazing late summer weather, I'm hammocking for a few nights.

Thankfully I work from home, so I don't need to miss any actual work time. Then again, I have like three months worth of sick time to use up.

Sent from my moto g power using Tapatalk

Hammock
    Hammocktent 90*, Sparrow, WBBB XLC
    Tarp
    light & waterproof
    Insulation
    Ongoing experiment
    Suspension
    Ongoing experiment
    Oh no! Is this a hammock mandate?

Good to hear that you all have mild symptoms. I hope that when I get it it will be likewise.

Hammock
    SLD Trail Lair
    Tarp
    WL Tadpole
    Insulation
    SLD TW/HG Econ
    Suspension
    Whoopie Slings
    Quote Originally Posted by OlTrailDog View Post
    Oh no! Is this a hammock mandate?

Good to hear that you all have mild symptoms. I hope that when I get it it will be likewise.
    It's a spousal mandate, but one I'm not opposed to. It gives me a chance to fine tune my turtle dog stand setup (I'm trying different lengths of crossbars).

Sent from my moto g power using Tapatalk

Hammock
    Hummingbird Single+
    Tarp
    Hummingbird Pelica
    Insulation
    HG 850 20* TQ/UQ
    Suspension
    Hummingbird WHOOPI
    The spousal mandate, gotta love it! As a COVID ICU nurse, we in healthcare appreciate the effort to protect others from COVID! Do you have instructions yet on how you made that stand?

Hammock
    SLD Trail Lair
    Tarp
    WL Tadpole
    Insulation
    SLD TW/HG Econ
    Suspension
    Whoopie Slings
    Quote Originally Posted by taraH View Post
    The spousal mandate, gotta love it! As a COVID ICU nurse, we in healthcare appreciate the effort to protect others from COVID! Do you have instructions yet on how you made that stand?
    Yeah, well, I officially got a clean bill of health today, the last of my symptoms was last Monday. I slept in the hammock until this past Sunday. Actually, I started sleeping out there until I got a visit from a small striped, foul-smelling friend, at which point I retreated to the indoors. Thankfully, he didn't spray, just sauntered by between me & the patio.

As for the stand, a number of folks have shared their variations in this very old and long thread: https://hammockforums.net/forum/show...t=turtle+stand

Basically, it's two tripods made of 2x2s held together with gate hinges and a spanner bar made of chain link fence top rail. I made the mistake of cutting the 2x2s down to about 6', which limits the overall hang height of the hammock. At some point (when lumber prices come back down from the stratosphere), I'll pick up some more and leave them at 8' tall so I can hang it at a more comfortable height for entry/exit.

• + New Posts