Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by WV View Post
    If you're game for DIY, look at the People's Bridge Hammock. It handles the lower back pain (for me), and the knee ridge lets me sleep with the head end higher without sliding down to the foot end. I don't like pressure on my heels from hyper-extended knees or feet getting cold because they compress insulation, both of which can happen in regular bridge hammocks.
    WV:
    Thanks for that reference.......... It sounds like what I need.... Makes me wonder if it would be possible to add a "butt shelf" to the Draumr.....

I wonder if one couldn't build the People's Bridge from a cheap Ebay or Amazon hammock.......... typically under $20
    Last edited by Owly*; 09-14-2021 at 14:15.

Hammock
    Amok Draumr 3.0
    Tarp
    Amok
    Insulation
    Synmat 9 LW
    Suspension
    cinch buckles
    Here's something I've fiddled with, for my wife. she hurt her back, and it's very much a lower back, upper butt area where it bothers her

she complains about the draumr, exactly like you did, and she loved the couch recliners normally

so what I did, and I can't believe i'm gonna say this, is I basically tied a capo on my pad, so that I can inflate the bottom portion completely full, but then leave the upper half(ish) less inflated

this gave her more of the recliner feel, and kept her tilted back a bit more, while in chair mode

getting the pad clamped off, while not damaging the pad sucked hugely tho, but it's an idea

Quote Originally Posted by Tikker View Post
    Here's something I've fiddled with, for my wife. she hurt her back, and it's very much a lower back, upper butt area where it bothers her

she complains about the draumr, exactly like you did, and she loved the couch recliners normally

so what I did, and I can't believe i'm gonna say this, is I basically tied a capo on my pad, so that I can inflate the bottom portion completely full, but then leave the upper half(ish) less inflated

this gave her more of the recliner feel, and kept her tilted back a bit more, while in chair mode

getting the pad clamped off, while not damaging the pad sucked hugely tho, but it's an idea
    I've toyed with looking for two short mattresses, but doubt that they are available in suitable lengths. I've also toyed with cutting out the bottom in the middle and putting a sagged section in so the mattress would deform downward into it creating a butt pocket.

• + New Posts
  • Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12