Dutch 1.0 Hexon
    Tarp
    HG Cuben
    Insulation
    HGtop/underquilts
    Suspension
    Whoopie hooks

[VIDEO] Two Lakes Trail, in a tent?!?

Mods, please feel free to delete, but there is definitely some hammocking in the video!

I take My girlfriends oldest on his first ever backpacking trip. It was also his first time in a hammock and first time camping ever. He was definitely a trooper and IÂ’m proud how he held his own out there. I let him use my Hammock Gear/Warbonnet setup, while I tried a tent for the first time in over 20 years. Some lessons were learnedÂ…

1. Sleeping on the ground wasÂ… tolerableÂ… but, a hammock will always be the most comfortable nights sleep for me in the backcountry.

2. Tents can be simpler (but not the tent I brought ) Thinking about a tent setup that requires only two trekking poles and 4 stakes can be a quick and simple setup compared to dialing in a hammock setup.

3. Hammocks will always be my go to for trips in the backcountry, but I think I will be putting together a tent setup as well to change it up now and then. (Plus absence makes the heart grow fonder and I was definitely missing my hammock listening to the kid snore in hammocky bliss )

All in all, it was a great time with a lot of memories and he is already asking when we can take our next trip. I think I got him hooked!

Sounds like a fun trip.

We've enjoyed quite a few hikes on the two lakes loop. Seeing the American discovery trail is neat as well.

Hammock
    Dutch 1.0 Hexon
    Tarp
    HG Cuben
    Insulation
    HGtop/underquilts
    Suspension
    Whoopie hooks
    Quote Originally Posted by binfordw View Post
    Sounds like a fun trip.

We've enjoyed quite a few hikes on the two lakes loop. Seeing the American discovery trail is neat as well.
    I’ve come to really like this little trail. Perfect place for an overnighter or gear shakedown trip for sure. I like how the trail stays interesting and changes throughout the hike and the views of the lakes are a cool reward.

• + New Posts