Tarp
    UGQ Rect. and HHex
    Insulation
    DIY CDT/synth sets
    Suspension
    Straps/Speed Hooks
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by greidam View Post
    Jen and I are excited to be able to make it again this year and look forward to seeing everybody. We just might have some Sugarlands Shine with us again so let us know if there are any flavors in particular we need to bring. We will be serving the Blackberry Sunset cocktail again this year the evening of the raffle. The more you drink the easier it is to buy raffle tickets!
    It'll be great to see y'all again. Missed everyone last year.

I will have a nice fire in front of your set up this year. Find me when you get there and I'll help you set up your "Shine Stand".
    And I do like those cocktails.
    Enjoy and have fun with your family, before they have fun without you

Hammock
    DIY 11' Chameleon clone
    Tarp
    DIY 11.5' w/doors
    Insulation
    Locolibre ,UGQ
    Suspension
    whoopies/webbing
    I have a question. I'll be there Thursday night and am trying to figure out what gear to bring. What is the normal expected temperatures and weather like? I've looked up past weather for the Tampa area in January and it looks to be normally highs in the low 70's and lows in the 50's. Is this pretty normal?

Hammock
    Ridge Outdoor Gear Pinnacle 360
    Tarp
    UGQ Rect. and HHex
    Insulation
    DIY CDT/synth sets
    Suspension
    Straps/Speed Hooks
    Images
    We're still a bit far out for an accurate weather report.

That said, we've seen temps from 20's for lows to upper 60's for highs and maybe into low 70's. It's also been sunny and cold/warmish and rainy/stormy and then super foggy. If you think I've hit almost all weather patterns then I've said it correctly. It's car camping so you can plan for everything. If you're flying in, then check back just before leaving for a more accurate report.

It's Florida, so it can change drastically hour by hour and the weather reports are less of a guideline and more of a guesstimation.

Hammock
    WB BBXLC 1.1 DL
    Tarp
    WB Superfly
    Insulation
    LL 10 UQ, Gen 20
    Suspension
    Whoopies and Dutch
    Quote Originally Posted by lindrome View Post
    I have a question. I'll be there Thursday night and am trying to figure out what gear to bring. What is the normal expected temperatures and weather like? I've looked up past weather for the Tampa area in January and it looks to be normally highs in the low 70's and lows in the 50's. Is this pretty normal?
    Agreed with Floridahanger. It’s been below 20 and above 80. Just depends on the mood of Mother Nature. If flying in, check the weather the night before and pack then. If driving, the world is your ocean- bring whatever you want

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hammock
    Double Dutch Chameleon
    Tarp
    Dutchwear 2-person
    Insulation
    Hammock Gear
    Suspension
    Beetle buckle
    Quote Originally Posted by Floridahanger View Post
    It'll be great to see y'all again. Missed everyone last year.

I will have a nice fire in front of your set up this year. Find me when you get there and I'll help you set up your "Shine Stand".
    And I do like those cocktails.
    Floridahanger, You were definitely missed last year so it will be great to see you. As always, you are too kind. I like the idea of one communal fire so we'll try to setup close to the playground and the communal fire, and I'll bring a cooler with wheels so the shine can go with the flow. I felt last year we didn't get to visit with as many people because of too many separate fires. We come for the people and good times so encouraging one large communal fire would be ideal.

Hammock
    Warbonnet Ridgerunner
    Tarp
    Walhallah 12ft
    Insulation
    LocoLibre/JRB
    Suspension
    DIY Whoopies
    Images
    As for packing…I have been telling people a 40 degree set should be fine for 90% of nights. A 20 degree will take care of 100%, just a matter of how warm you care to be. Although if you bring a 40 set and it just so happens a fluke 20 degree night, I’m sure folks will have extra gear to borrow. We won’t let you freeze.

Hammock
    Warbonnet Ridgerunner
    Tarp
    Walhallah 12ft
    Insulation
    LocoLibre/JRB
    Suspension
    DIY Whoopies
    Images
    Floridahanger, You were definitely missed last year so it will be great to see you. As always, you are too kind. I like the idea of one communal fire so we'll try to setup close to the playground and the communal fire, and I'll bring a cooler with wheels so the shine can go with the flow. I felt last year we didn't get to visit with as many people because of too many separate fires. We come for the people and good times so encouraging one large communal fire would be ideal.
    Yes sir! I am looking forward to a big communal fire again. That’s the biggest thing I missed last year. Just hoping for some cooler temps to give us a need for a big fire.

Hammock
    Warbonnet Ridgerunner
    Tarp
    Walhallah 12ft
    Insulation
    LocoLibre/JRB
    Suspension
    DIY Whoopies
    Images
    Only a few hours left to buy those Early Raffle Tickets for Hangcon 2022. Our raffle is looking like over $5000 in prizes to be had, ITS GONNA BE HUGE! $5 each or 6 for $20. You have until midnight on December 31st to get your orders in. Check out our website for the PayPal link (please use Friends and Family option) or our Venmo QR code.

Hammock
    Tarp
    UGQ Rect. and HHex
    Insulation
    DIY CDT/synth sets
    Suspension
    Straps/Speed Hooks
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Pheonix6579 View Post
    Yes sir! I am looking forward to a big communal fire again. That’s the biggest thing I missed last year. Just hoping for some cooler temps to give us a need for a big fire.
    Silly rabbit. Temps are not an issue for me.
    Where a person sits will determine the shade of tan they get. A big fire will be had at night. That's the only way to go. Maybe even a set of twin fires just because. It makes a great picture.

And if Sam gets down here, a BIG up-side-down tower fire for him.

Hammock
    Tarp
    UGQ Rect. and HHex
    Insulation
    DIY CDT/synth sets
    Suspension
    Straps/Speed Hooks
    Images
    ...I felt last year we didn't get to visit with as many people because of too many separate fires. We come for the people and good times so encouraging one large communal fire would be ideal.
    As a side note, Red, the camp host, is moving on from selling wood so we are probably getting a few chords of wood ourselves. The good news is as we sell some stacks to those that want their own fires, we can notify them of your services by the main fire on Friday and Saturday nights. That should help corral some folk in a bit on those nights for you.

Plus, who wants to be the person that didn't know SUGARLANDS was here.

• + New Posts
  • Page 8 of 13 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast