Suspension
    DIY Whoopies
    Images

Official HANGCON 2022- FL- Sertoma Youth Ranch- January 14th-17th, 2022

Hangcon.jpg
    2022 HANGCON - Official Event Posting
    Don't miss the 12th Annual HANGCON

WHEN
    FRIDAY, JANUARY 14th - MONDAY, JANUARY 17th. The official first day is Friday the 14th, but anyone wanting to come early may come on Thursday the 13th, just be prepared to be recruited to help with setup. If you want to start earlier than that, please stay at another nearby location and come to Sertoma on Thursday after 11:00 AM.

WHERE
    Sertoma Youth Ranch
    85 Myers Rd, Brooksville, FL 34602

We reserved all half of the campground as well as the primitive camping area and have the pavilion for the entire event, so plan on a weekend of fun, hiking, gear showing, DIY classes, campfire stories and, as always, eating.
    CAMPGROUND MAP

WHO'S COMING? - Please click the link below to register:
    HANGCON 2021 REGISTRATION

EVENT DETAILS

Meals: While you are at Hangcon, we provide 2 meals a day: Breakfast and Dinner. You are on your own for Lunch. We may offer some Lunch options for purchase.
    Please check our event schedule for time and be aware that those may change for various reasons, so be flexible. Once the food is gone…it's gone.

Meal volunteers will be needed at all Breakfasts and Dinners. Servers will serve with tongs and/or gloves.

In an effort to limit our trash. Please bring your own mess kit and utensils for meals. This worked well last year, so we are continuing it this year.

Precautions
    Please bring your own hand sanitizer and observe all COVID-19 recommendations. If you have a fever, showing COVID symptoms, have been exposed to someone who is sick, or a family member is sick, please do not come to the event. The last thing we want is for anyone to get sick.
    Also, please be respectful of others' choices to wear a mask or not to because of health conditions.
    As time gets closer to Hangcon, we will potentially need to make other adjustments or accommodations due to COVID-19. We ask that you offer us grace and flexibility as we make those decisions. We want everyone to enjoy this event as much as possible and to stay well in the process.

Cell Phone Coverage
    Cell Phone coverage at the campground is pretty good. I have never had any trouble getting a call out or sending a text. It might not be super great at streaming a movie, but it will be just fine for most folks.

Free Camping...mostly
    Most of the camping at the campground is free, but none of the free sites have electricity. If you need electricity on your campsite, there are some RV sites that can be rented through the campground that are $30 per night (you are responsible for those fees and reserving those specific sites). There is electricity at our pavilion where we usually have a phone charging station for charging phones and other devices. If you do not rent an RV site please do not plug into those power sources because we do get charged if someone does.

Kids/Pets
    Sertoma is a kid and pet-friendly campground, however all dogs must always be leashed or penned. No exception. You may use your own discretion with your children.

Firewood
    Although we encourage everyone to gather around our main fire pit at the center of Hangcon, there are fire pits spread over the camping area. We will have a large (hopefully very large) pile of firewood for the main fire and only the main fire. That is Floridahanger’s pile and only our Resident Fire Master may use it. On the flip side, “Red”, the camp host, will have plenty of firewood to sell at the campground and will gladly bring it to your site.

DO NOT…I REPEAT…DO NOT BRING FIREWOOD FROM OUT OF STATE

Water
    There are numerous places around camp to get potable water.

Bathrooms/Showers
    Sertoma has men and women's flush toilets and sinks with running water at the center of camp. They also have both men’s and women’s showers. Please, don’t forget to bring a towel and be courteous with both the facilities and the hot water.

Check-in/Parking
    Check-in as SOON AS YOU ARRIVE at Sertoma, even BEFORE you set up. There will be signs directing you to the Check-In location. There you can be registered and made official. We will also go over any new event info or rules we need folks to know. From there you may go park and set up.
    There will be designated areas just past the camping area to park. Please be aware that there will be a lot of people using the parking areas, so be courteous with your parking job. We DO NOT allow vehicles in the primitive camping area. You may TEMPORARILY park at the primitive entrance on the side of the road to unload gear to take to your site. Afterwards we ask that you move your vehicle to the regular parking area to not clog up the road.

Alcohol
    I preface this by mentioning that we are foremost a family-friendly event. The responsible use of alcohol is permitted within the campground for those over the age of 21. Drink accordingly and responsibly. Any other illegal substances are not allowed at this event.

Vendor Sales
    Vendors are such a huge part of Hangcon and help make it awesome. In the past, Hangcon has seen some debut items from some vendors. The Dutchware Chameleon was introduced right here at Hangcon. There will be vendors galore both with gear to sell and some that are just here to hangout and enjoy our community. Please, take time throughout the event to show our vendors some love in both word and coin.
    If you would like to become a vendor at Hangcon, please email us through the website, send me a private message on HF, or message us on Facebook.

Cost:
    As always, there is no cost requirement for anyone to participate in HangCon. You do not have to pay to come be part of the community and have a good time with everyone. So please, do not let cost keep you home.
    That said, a group hang of this magnitude is not free. It is our hope to continue to keep attendance costs at zero for all participants and vendors. But based on past experiences, we expect expenses to run over $6000. Donations are accepted, encouraged even (really encouraged in fact! And greatly appreciated!!) - recommendation: $10 a day per person. Raffle ticket sales and donations help cover the expenses.
    All funds go to the hang. There are no paid staff and any unused funds are used to support Sertoma, help cover costs for Hangcon 2023, or are donated to the Fl. Trail Assn., Friends of Fl State Parks, and/or other similar outdoorsy, do-gooder organizations.

Raffle
    After Saturday’s dinner, we will hold a raffle. Tickets $5 each or 5 for $20! We are asking everyone to purchase some tickets per attendee to help pay for everything. Tickets go on sale Saturday afternoon.
    Raffle tickets can be pre-purchased directly through PayPal via Friends & Family: [email protected].
    Raffle tickets purchased in advance will be distributed Saturday afternoon. Please include your name as a note with your PayPal submission. We probably don't know your real name or your email address.
    Important: the PayPal note must clearly state how much you're allocating to raffle tickets and how much as a donation.

RAFFLE TICKET SPECIALS!!!
    This year we are offering a SUPER special deal on those who purchase Super Early and Early raffle tickets.
    Purchase your tickets before 11:59pm, October 31st and receive 7 tickets for $20
    Purchase tickets between November 1st and 11:59pm, December 31st and receive 6 tickets for $20
    You will really want to get in on this raffle. It will be large and awesome with tons of prizes big and small. So, lots of chances to win

Clean-up After Meals
    After each meal: Please make sure you clean up your eating area and take with you, or dispose of, any food containers you brought. This will help to leave the pavilion area in the same or better condition than when we arrived.

Leaving Your Campsite
    When leaving your area: Please look around your area before you leave to make sure everything is cleaned up. Again, let's leave the campground in the same or better condition than when we arrived. If someone forgot something, take it to the main pavilion and leave it at the registration table.

Rules:
    I don't like rules either, but here's what's what to keep things flowing for y'all:

In keeping with the Hammock Forums community and our usual vibes, this is a family friendly event. And it's going to stay that way. Please govern yourself in a family friendly way. We ask all political and religious discussions be carried out at another location at another time. I am sure we all need a break from politics. Just assume everyone disagrees with you 😊.
    This is a hammocking event. We allow tents as a courtesy (and because we’re gonna try to convert them). Pop-up campers, travel trailers, RVs, motor homes, etc. just aren't part of the picture. If there is a special circumstance where you must have one of these please contact us and we will make a call on a per case basis. You will also need to contact Sertoma and reserve an RV site at cost.
    Tents may be set up in both the main camping areas and primitive areas where potential hanging spots are not available. Exception: if you need a tent for an infant or an older family member and you are primarily hammock campers then a single tent may be pitched with your setup. If a tent is set up in a location that impedes a hammock from setting up, you will be asked to move the tent.

Updates
    Please stay tuned for updates: including special guests, vendor announcements, class offerings, etc. Information can be found on our website www.hangcon.com, on the Official Hangcon Thread, and on our Facebook Page.

LET’S GET THIS THING STARTED!! Get those bins out and start staging your gear! How will you know what you want for Christmas if you haven't spread all your gear out in the living room!?

Hammock
    Ridge Outdoor Gear Pinnacle 360
    Tarp
    UGQ Rect. and HHex
    Insulation
    DIY CDT/synth sets
    Suspension
    Straps/Speed Hooks
    Images
    After missing last year, I am Soo ready for HangCon. I will do my best to make it there. Also, I will make it a priority to set up Vendor Appreciation Day so Vendors, hit me up fo info. I will send info in coming months to keep y'all in the loop as well.

Thanks for calling me Pheonix and getting me out of my funk. Made my day.
    Enjoy and have fun with your family, before they have fun without you

Hammock
    Warbonnet Ridgerunner
    Tarp
    Walhallah 12ft
    Insulation
    LocoLibre/JRB
    Suspension
    DIY Whoopies
    Images
    Any time buddy! Any time.

Hello I signed up and look forward to seeing y'all.

Hammock
    WBBB XLC, Dream Hammock
    Tarp
    HG Cuben Palace
    Insulation
    HG Burrow/Incu.
    Suspension
    Strap and Buckle
    Looking forward to it. Can't wait.

Sent from my SM-P900 using Tapatalk

Hammock
    Warbonnet Ridgerunner
    Tarp
    Walhallah 12ft
    Insulation
    LocoLibre/JRB
    Suspension
    DIY Whoopies
    Images
    One change to the original post...Red unfortunately will be retiring from the firewood business at the end of this year. We are working on finding other options for those that want to buy firewood for individual camp sites. If nothing else it may encourage more people to our central campfire.

Hammock
    Tarp
    UGQ Rect. and HHex
    Insulation
    DIY CDT/synth sets
    Suspension
    Straps/Speed Hooks
    Images
    Any word on the firewood?

Hammock
    Warbonnet Ridgerunner
    Tarp
    Walhallah 12ft
    Insulation
    LocoLibre/JRB
    Suspension
    DIY Whoopies
    Images
    We are trying to work with Red to “pre-purchase” some wood that can go ahead and cut and we could pick up. He seemed pretty good on that deal. Although we are looking at other options if that doesn’t work out.

Hammock
    Big Guy Bridge
    Tarp
    CRO Winter Haven
    Insulation
    JRB UQ, HG TQ
    Suspension
    Beetle Buckle 15'
    I'm hoping to make it this year. My vacation time resets on January and with 60,000 frequent flyer miles the flights will be almost free for me. I'll probably come on Thursday and leave Sunday night. Thanks for keeping this alive even during a pandemic.

Sent from my SM-T550 using Tapatalk
    "God never sends us anything we can't handle. Sometimes I wish He didn't trust me so much." - Mother Teresa.

Hammock
    Tarp
    UGQ Rect. and HHex
    Insulation
    DIY CDT/synth sets
    Suspension
    Straps/Speed Hooks
    Images
    It'll be nice to see you again.
    Quote Originally Posted by wbJohn View Post
    I'm hoping to make it this year. My vacation time resets on January and with 60,000 frequent flyer miles the flights will be almost free for me. I'll probably come on Thursday and leave Sunday night. Thanks for keeping this alive even during a pandemic.

Sent from my SM-T550 using Tapatalk
    I've been reading the previous HangCon Planning Threads and Trip reviews since 2019 when we first changed the venue to Sertoma Ranch. Combined with the current weather and MAN!! I can't wait to get back out there.

• + New Posts
  • Page 1 of 13 12311 ... LastLast