Hammock
    WBBB, WBRR, WL LiteOwl
    Tarp
    OES, WL BullFro
    Insulation
    HG UQ, TQ, WB UQ
    Suspension
    Python Straps
    Something seemed strange when I started reading the post - then I checked the date. The NEW RR - a couple years old now - removed that little 4 inch "extension" option for the head poles. You now get just 4 pieces, 2-piece foot end and 2-piece head end. The foot end poles fit inside the head end poles when packed away. The head end is as wide as the older style when the 4 inch piece was used.

As far as "punch through" - that's happened to me twice; my fault entirely. When I use the RR at home, it's suspended from two rings attached at the entrance (hidden from the street) of the house. So the next morning after a night's use, I just unhook the carabiners, grab to two poles - the hammock and poles (older model) is completely inside the spindrift - and carry it inside. To set it up the next night, I just reconnect the suspension to the rings.

But while the RR is loose, a pole can slip out of it's metal end clip. Because everything is inside, and sort of held in place, by the spindrift, I'd just clip on the carabiners and get in - without checking that both poles are still being held properly in the clip.

How much pressure is there - well if one end has popped out, and I get in the RR, I've had the pole push through the ripstop nylon spindrift, fly five feet to a property line fence, and hit that fence with enough force to bounce back just beyond the hammocks far edge. It's pretty dramatic. And I'm glad it punched through on the side facing the fence and not the windows in front of the house.

So now my nighttime ritual includes touching both pole ends at the head and foot of the hammock to assure they are in the brackets (or buttons on the newer RR) where they should be.
    In order to see what few have seen, you must go where few have gone. And DO what few have done.

Hammock
    DIY 1.7MTN
    Tarp
    HG Camo DCF Palace
    Insulation
    Incubator/Alsek
    Suspension
    Strap/Cinch Buckle
    Quote Originally Posted by cougarmeat View Post
    Something seemed strange when I started reading the post - then I checked the date. The NEW RR - a couple years old now - removed that little 4 inch "extension" option for the head poles. You now get just 4 pieces, 2-piece foot end and 2-piece head end. The foot end poles fit inside the head end poles when packed away. The head end is as wide as the older style when the 4 inch piece was used.
    Actually you still get 5 poles, it's just that now the head-end poles are all 3 the same length. The two foot-end poles nest into the two head-end poles that don't have inserts.

They wouldn't nest if the head-end poles were just two pieces as the inside diameter of the insert is too small for the foot poles to fit in.

First photo is all 5 poles . Second photo shows them nested.

Sent from my SM-S901U using Tapatalk

Need Adventure...Make Adventure

Hammock
    WBBB, WBRR, WL LiteOwl
    Tarp
    OES, WL BullFro
    Insulation
    HG UQ, TQ, WB UQ
    Suspension
    Python Straps
    Ah, you are correct sir! It was more that I remembered the little 4 inch piece was gone.
    In order to see what few have seen, you must go where few have gone. And DO what few have done.

Hammock
    WB Ridgerunner
    Tarp
    WB Thunderfly
    Insulation
    WB Lynx, HG Burrow
    Suspension
    Dutch Cinch Bugs
    Images
    I love having that option to leave out the 4-inch bit. it really changes the way you can lay, with your back up against a 'wall'. Very cozy.

I won't ever give up those poles that have the 4-inch middle section.

Hammock
    Warbonnet Ridgerunner
    Tarp
    HG DCF std w/doors
    Insulation
    WM TQ, UGQ UQ
    Suspension
    Whoopie slings
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Countrybois View Post
    @Countrybois - Do you know if anyone has tried these out on the Dutchware Banyan? I'm tired of waiting for them to create some bling for it.
    Iceman857

"An optimist is a man who plants two acorns and buys a hammock" - Jean de Lattre de Tassigny (French Army General in WWII)

Hammock
    DIY 1.7MTN
    Tarp
    HG Camo DCF Palace
    Insulation
    Incubator/Alsek
    Suspension
    Strap/Cinch Buckle
    Quote Originally Posted by iceman857 View Post
    @Countrybois - Do you know if anyone has tried these out on the Dutchware Banyan? I'm tired of waiting for them to create some bling for it.
    I do not know if anyone has tried them on a Banyan.

From looking at photos, it looks like it would likely require removing the attached hardware a la the original Warbonnet Ridgerunner.

Sent from my SM-S901U using Tapatalk

Need Adventure...Make Adventure

• + New Posts
  • Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12