DW Chameleon
    Tarp
    Tarpless
    Insulation
    HG
    Suspension
    Whoopie's
    Images

Question Superior Hiking Trail/Northern MN hiking spots?

I have 2 nights / 3 days to hike along the north shore of Superior in MN. I was thinking of doing an out and back section of the SHT, probably somewhere between Gooseberry and Lutsen. Possibly as far north as grand Marais.

Can anyone recommend a particularly scenic section of trail and where you would park to access the trail?

Also open to non-SHT hikes of 5-12 miles 1 way

Thanks

Hammock
    Ridgerunner
    Tarp
    Superfly
    Insulation
    Bandit TQ Lynx UQ
    Suspension
    Whoopie
    Images
    I really liked the Lake County Road 7 to Crosby-Manitou State Park section of the SHT (page 138 of the eight edition guide). It is an 11.8 mile stretch and the campsites at Sonju lake were gorgeous. That stretch also has campsites at Egge Lake which were very nice (but if you have to pick one stay at Sonju). If you start at the northern end of the section you could just start at Crosby-Manitou State Park and leave your car there. Someone I met on trail also mentioned there was another trail they took that met up with this section before Sonju and that had a small parking lot. Never been back to find it but you could probably get a sense of where it is fiddling around with google maps.

Hammock
    I have many so....
    Tarp
    Blackcrow DIY Tarp
    Insulation
    FrankenquiltUQ/Pod
    Suspension
    Whoopie Slings
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Adroa View Post
    I really liked the Lake County Road 7 to Crosby-Manitou State Park section of the SHT (page 138 of the eight edition guide). It is an 11.8 mile stretch and the campsites at Sonju lake were gorgeous. That stretch also has campsites at Egge Lake which were very nice (but if you have to pick one stay at Sonju). If you start at the northern end of the section you could just start at Crosby-Manitou State Park and leave your car there. Someone I met on trail also mentioned there was another trail they took that met up with this section before Sonju and that had a small parking lot. Never been back to find it but you could probably get a sense of where it is fiddling around with google maps.
    You will need a state park pass to park at Crosby. $3 a day.
    But if you park at Finland Rec Center south on Highway 7 it is a free SHT parking site. Then you can hike north and due this route. Some great camping in Crosby but there are fees for sites. But you won't have to share camp.

Another good challenging hike is in the same area. Park Silver Bay and hike north to Highway 1 trailhead in Finland. https://superiorhiking.org/trail-sec...river-wayside/

Shug
    Whooooo Buddy)))) All Secure in Sector Seven

• + New Posts