DIY 1.7MTN
    Tarp
    HG Camo DCF Palace
    Insulation
    Incubator/Alsek
    Suspension
    Strap/Cinch Buckle
    Quote Originally Posted by Pavel View Post
    Because of the fact that all their photos show it that way, and that there are no rings to keep the ridgeline in place better, as my other tarps have. I sent them a question about this just today, because perhaps I've got things wrong. But the time I've hung the line over top, the tarp deformed a lost and I found I had to have it much higher up, reducing the end clearance.
    I think what you see in their photos is not a continuous ridgeline at all, but rather a split ridgeline.

Sent from my SM-S901U using Tapatalk
    Last edited by Countrybois; 05-25-2023 at 19:25.

Need Adventure...Make Adventure

Hammock
    WBBB, WBRR, WL LiteOwl
    Tarp
    OES, WL BullFro
    Insulation
    HG UQ, TQ, WB UQ
    Suspension
    Python Straps
    Countrybois makes a good point. There are spit ridgeline people and continuous Ridgeline people. And before NAMA Claws were invented I used a continuous ridgeline that was sort of made an oval. It went from the end of the tarp, around the tree, down to the other tree, around it, and back to the tarp. Mini carabiners held the line so it went down the center of the tarp instead of out the width of the tree. In order to move the tarp, I could just slide the line (and feel a little guilty about the abrasion on the bark and/or my line).

But I didn't like that because though the tarp didn't take as much stress and with a split ridgeline, it was still part of the system. About the time I was considering a continuous ridgeline - just one line from tree to tree with the tarp hanging under that, NAMA unveiled their Claws which have a hook for the small split ring at the end of the tarp and slide, then grab, on the 1.75mm ridgeline. Now, just like the hammock hangs under its ridgeline suspension, so my tarp now hangs under the line attached to the tree. The line takes any "pull" but the tension on the ridgeline of the tarp is just what results from my setting of the NAMA Claws. It doesn't have to be really, really tight; just snug is enough.
    In order to see what few have seen, you must go where few have gone. And DO what few have done.

Hammock
    Warbonnet, Eldorado, Ridgerunner
    Tarp
    WB thunderfly, etc
    Insulation
    WB Wookie
    Suspension
    Whoopie slings etc
    Warbonnet got back to me, despite what must be a very busy time right now with their 25% off sale. Nice.
    In effect they said that they have seen their tarps used with under the hammock, as well as over the hammock continuous ridgelines - though they don't use them. I'll go do some experimenting this summer and autumn, and also consider a split ridgeline for the first time. I started with hammocks in 2009, but still feel like I'm brand new to it.

Hammock
    WB Eldorado/DIY
    Tarp
    WB MiniFly/DIY 12'
    Insulation
    WB Wooki/HG Burrow
    Suspension
    DW Spider/Beetle
    I started with hammocks in 2009, but still feel like I'm brand new to it.
    Don't worry, we all are, still and also. It's the "but what about this" that keeps rearing up for me.

Hammock
    I have many so....
    Tarp
    Blackcrow DIY Tarp
    Insulation
    FrankenquiltUQ/Pod
    Suspension
    Whoopie Slings
    Images
    Warbonnet got back to me, despite what must be a very busy time right now with their 25% off sale. Nice.
    In effect they said that they have seen their tarps used with under the hammock, as well as over the hammock continuous ridgelines - though they don't use them. I'll go do some experimenting this summer and autumn, and also consider a split ridgeline for the first time. I started with hammocks in 2009, but still feel like I'm brand new to it.
    After trying all....I stick with and prefer the split ridgline for simplicity. Always works. Easy enough to center the tarp.
    Good luck in your ridgline quest.
    Shug

Whooooo Buddy)))) All Secure in Sector Seven

Hammock
    Dream Dangerbird
    Tarp
    HG Dyneema
    Insulation
    HG TQ & UQ 20
    Suspension
    Whoopie
    Images
    I would prefer the burnt orange. Wasn't an option when I got mine! Looks good!

• + New Posts
  • Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123