Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by mmveets View Post
    Instead of washers you can get balls like on these bungee ties. Similar to the Tensa4 brand packable tensahedron hammock stand. I scavenged four from bungee ties for my DIY stand for home (not finished yet, but will post pictures eventually).
    That's not a bad idea either. I may also try some soft shackles or continuous loops. Version 2 is on the docket this week.

Sent from my Pixel 3a XL using Tapatalk

Version 2 worked out great on our Scout campout. I had to add extensions to get the tarp up high enough, but this setup will definitely work if the vehicle is close by...
    We had several rain storms and I stayed high and dry. A bonus was the interest from the scouts on how it worked. Great teaching moment for them...

Hammock
    El Dorado
    Tarp
    Varies
    Insulation
    UQ varies
    Suspension
    Whoopie
    Quote Originally Posted by flyinginfantryman View Post
    Version 2 worked out great on our Scout campout. I had to add extensions to get the tarp up high enough, but this setup will definitely work if the vehicle is close by...
    We had several rain storms and I stayed high and dry. A bonus was the interest from the scouts on how it worked. Great teaching moment for them...

Glad to hear it went well.

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk

thanks for the update. so still wood, but octagons? it looks really nice, and it clearly takes the rope lashing so much nicer. in the pics at least it looks very profi.

nice that the extensions worked so well with the tarp, and you stayed dry.

whenever you guys mention scout camps and teaching and such, it reminds me how much i'm missing out in that way, by being in a country the language of which i cannot speak (entirely my fault of course, but something to think about: teaching is an underrated privilege, imho)

Quote Originally Posted by nanok View Post
    thanks for the update. so still wood, but octagons? it looks really nice, and it clearly takes the rope lashing so much nicer. in the pics at least it looks very profi.

whenever you guys mention scout camps and teaching and such, it reminds me how much i'm missing out in that way, by being in a country the language of which i cannot speak (entirely my fault of course, but something to think about: teaching is an underrated privilege, imho)
    Yes, I stuck with wood (I'm a furniture maker) mainly because of cost of materials (I had them on hand) and the fact that I have all the tools needed to fabricate it. Plus I just need to to be transportable on my truck. If I'm backpacking, then I'm hanging from trees.

And on the teaching... I really enjoy passing along my skills and knowledge to the younger generation as long as they're eager to learn and it's a hands on approach to learning...

Hammock
    El Dorado
    Tarp
    Varies
    Insulation
    UQ varies
    Suspension
    Whoopie
    Quote Originally Posted by nanok View Post

Italki is a website you can hire language tutors from around the world on. My wife has used it learning Spanish and Mandarin and found it a great resource.

Sorry for the off topic post.

I would rather be on a mountain.

• + New Posts
  • Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12