Quote Originally Posted by MutterMumble View Post
I also received a draumr 5.0 recently and have been testing it out. For me the biggest surprise was the tippy-ness. Not sure how long it will take to be confident that it isn’t about to try and throw me out.

I’m also curious what people do when they have to leave it unattended. Snake skins or unclipping my gathered end isn’t a big hassle but left completely alone it isn’t a problem mostly. This thing catches the wind (which can send the head into the tarp or the foot into the ground) but also has the pad which has to be removed if you want to stow it. I’ve been considering folding foot to head and tying/clipping together. Does anyone with more experience have a solution they like?
I would propose clipping the head and foot to the fly lines to pull it up tight to the fly. There is a plastic ring at the foot, and the small cord at the head passes through a sewn loop... pass a piece of dyneema or amsteel (same thing) through and create a loop you can easily attach to. This should effectively "mate" the hammock to the fly and prevent it from turning into a sail.