Quote Originally Posted by Walker View Post
I see! That explanation helps. I think I have a good idea of how I could implement this. Definitely look forward to whatever pictures you can provide. With the initial paracord tension knot pushed all the way up to the tree are you able to eliminate the issue of hammock sway moving your ridgeline and therefore pulling on your guylines? That's the only potential downside I can see to this setup. But I imagine with that knot pushed up tight to the tree it might not be an issue. I use the EVO loop/shackles from Myers Tech on my straps at the tree so I think I could potentially get the paracord tension knot up high enough to the point it's touching the tree and not moving when the hammock sways.
exactly, the closer to the tree, the less movement will be transmitted to the tarp. even if you're a few inches or so from the tree, it already won't matter (movement transmitted will be so little it will be irrelevant)

using any kind of softshackles on the straps helps a lot, it's definitely the way to go.

just make sure if you slide it really close to the tree, that the ridgeline which attaches to it goes through the softshackle loop, not around it (so when you pull the ridgeline tight, it just settles the treestrap nicely, instead of trying to twist it off the tree)