Hammock
    SLD Trail Lair
    Tarp
    WL Tadpole
    Insulation
    SLD TW/HG Econ
    Suspension
    Whoopie Slings
    This might fit the bill: https://coalcrackerbushcraft.com/col...p-by-dutchware

It's 10x10, lots of tie-outs and 13 ounces.

EDIT: Currently unavailable. D'oh! Still, it sounds like it checks all your boxes, so maybe inquire with Coal Cracker or Dutch about future availability??
    Last edited by CVKealey; 07-27-2021 at 09:14.

REI has a decent tarp with plenty of tie outs (no mid panel pulls on this size, and the 12 by 12 is currently unavailable)

It may not be ideal for actually taking with you but with their return policy you could get it, set up the different configurations you want to try, and return it once you’ve learned what you need to know.

https://www.rei.com/product/147861/r...r-dome-sl-tarp

For what it’s worth I think the extra tie outs and “origami” is mostly worthwhile for ground pitches. Between trees and over a hammock the usual pitches seem more than adequate.

Hammock
    WBBB XLC UL DL
    Tarp
    WB Thunderfly
    Insulation
    Wooki, UGQ
    Suspension
    Becket straps
    Images
    This site is so awesome. Thank you for all the information.

I realized after posting that even the 'short diamond' configuration with a 10' tarp has a longer rightline that 10' (120" vs. 127"). And I call myself an engineer...

The Wise Owl's weight is with guylines but not stakes or bag. I weighed it at 1.55lbs.

And thanks again for the links. So many sites out there and google only finds the ones it wants you to find. And getting the right keywords is critical. I should have searched for ground shelter. I lived in Ireland at one point and I was looking for an apartment. If you search 'dublin apartment' you get tourist accommodations. If you search 'flat let dublin' you get a very different list.

I did buy a cheap blue tarp to play with for now and hit the 'notify me when available' on the coalcracker as I agree that one looks like it matches what I want. The REI one as well. I will do more searching with different search terms.

Thank you all. I need to get my paypal sorted so I can donate (I have an issue paypal created with two factor identification and the detail that I do not get cell service where I live). Plus then I would get to see what is hidden in the other forums...

I have an abundance of Tyvek.
    I would happily send you. This way you can practice what you want cheaply.
    All I ask, is you cover the shipping and a tad extra for the material.

Sent from my SM-A515U using Tapatalk

Hammock
    netless mostly...
    Tarp
    DW Winter, Hex 12
    Insulation
    HG Burrow/Incu E20
    Suspension
    Whoopie-Spider
    I have a 9.5' square tarp with extra tie-outs that I enjoy playing around with even though it is a bit short in a real storm. Tarp origami is cool and flexibility is always great but unless you are going to ground on a regular basis a standard winter tarp with doors gives you plenty enough flexibility to simply go from a wide-open porched hex configuration to full enclosure sealed to the ground in a few seconds if need be. The DW 1.1 silpoly version comes in at a bit under a pound and they offer a version in .9 as well and you only ever need to carry four stakes and about 10' of 3/32 shockcord for doors and a bit more for pole mods if you use them.

I do miss the diamond configuration in porch mode from time to time and break it out for a certain campsite on a local fishing hole where I can enjoy the ambiance of a small fire in the fire ring from the hammock.

So informative and useful!
    Generosity changes it all!

• + New Posts
  • Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12