This just popped up on my log in screen. It brings back a lot of memories from almost 14 years ago! It was at a group hang organized by Neo back in fall of 07, at Merriweather Lewis(SP?) campground on the Natchez Trace HWY in TN, a bit SE of Nashville. One of the participants was a sweet young lady named Shadowmoss. I think she might be in the hammock in this picture. She was one of the few people to own a legendary Speer Snugfit UQ. That is one UQ, though no longer available, that I never heard of anyone not being warm down to at least it's rating or below.

This looks to be about late Oct 07, about 1 year after my 1st ever hammock hanging trip on my annual (back in those days) trip to the Wind River Mountains of WY(low 22F), the 1st week of Sept 06. I was still mostly using my HH with Supershelter(HHSS) back in those days, and I had it at this hangout, where it got down into the 43F. I was still learning a lot about how to make various under insulation schemes work. While I am still a fan of the HHSS, after seeing Shadowmoss's Speer Snugfit, I ended up soon getting another Speer product, a PeaPod. Which turned out great.

Anyway, this brings back good memories of a good group hang. I went to the next one about a year later and met other great folks, and a few months after that, went to the HF group hang/backpack in the Sipsey Wilderness of AL in Feb. 09. Met a whole new group of great folks, and we got about 5" of snow! (pretty unusual in these parts!)

Shadowmoss in her hammock well insulated by her Speer Snugfit:

Cerberus on Potomac quilt, Neo in Claytor on pad under SG12x12. Both still sound asleep on Sun AM in Tenn.

Sun AM 43* breaking camp, Left to right, my HH Explorer with SuperShelter and Mac Cat deluxe awning style, my HH net-less Safari with hex tarp removed, background SkinnyBadger's HHULBP.

Skinnybadger ( on left with his ULBP background) and Fishbone getting ready to leave.