Tarp
    HG hex
    Insulation
    Timmermade, Revolt
    Suspension
    Kevlar, Lapp Hitch
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by CVKealey View Post
    I was waffling between OLP, the Loyalsock Link loop and the Black Forest Trail (the shortened "north" loop). Not sure I'm in shape for the BFT, but maybe by next spring/summer.
    Ha, yeah I've done both of those, the full BFT loop, actually, and they're good as well. BFT is a tough loop with lotsa up and down. Starting at Slate Run and going counterclockwise is a bit gentler intro that gives your legs time to get ready for the harder sections ahead.
    Five Basic Principles of Going Lighter (not me... the great Cam Honan of OZ)
    “If everybody is thinking alike, then somebody isn't thinking.” ~ Gen. George S Patton

Hammock
    SLD Trail Lair
    Tarp
    WL Tadpole
    Insulation
    SLD TW/HG Econ
    Suspension
    Whoopie Slings
    Well, the odds apparently were never in my favor for this trip. On my way to the turnpike, I got rear-ended sitting at a traffic light. Thankfully not much damage to my truck (basically just the bumper and the hitch receiver brackets). While I was on the phone with the insurance folks, my son sent a text that his school was dismissing early due to some credible threats. I don't know what's wrong with some kids these days. My kid loved school until this year (his first full year of in person high school). He still loves his classes and teachers, just can't stand a lot of the other kids.

Anyway, I'm hoping to salvage the weekend with a short overnight in the Pinchot state forest tomorrow. I've done the south loop twice, but not the north side. Only 10 miles, but it's better than raking leaves.

Sent from my moto g power using Tapatalk

Hammock
    DH Darien, SLD Tree Runner
    Tarp
    HG hex
    Insulation
    Timmermade, Revolt
    Suspension
    Kevlar, Lapp Hitch
    Images
    Sometimes the confluence of bad luck is so bad that you just have to laugh and be a trooper and roll with it.

Which is what it sounds like you're doing. Have a great time in Pinchot!
    Five Basic Principles of Going Lighter (not me... the great Cam Honan of OZ)
    “If everybody is thinking alike, then somebody isn't thinking.” ~ Gen. George S Patton

• + New Posts
  • Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123