Alternatives to Costco quilt for DIY underquilt?

Hi,
    The Costco quilt seems to be unavailable at the moment. What's the most comparable alternative? I hear so much about that one specifically, but I don't have experience with this and don't know how to tell if something is similar enough at the same weight and price point. Everything ready made is so heavy and/or expensive. I won't be backpacking in the depths of winter.

A whole new worrrrld...of not hav-ing rocks digin my hip...hop-ing to be warrrm up here, choice crystal clear, please do share this whole new world with meeeee... (hear the Aladdin song?)

Thanks!

Hammock
    HG
    Tarp
    HG
    Insulation
    HG/AGGTQ SLDUQ/UQP
    Suspension
    Dutch Spiderwhoopi
    Anti gravity gear has a down 55degtee quilt for 70 bucks.
    Dutchware sells apex insulation and I made a 50 degree quilt for about $60

The down throws do seem to be sold seasonally at Costco, however you should be able to find something on Amazon or other internet retailers...

Other brand names of the same quilt are "Double Black Diamond" and something with Blue Ridge in the name. The dimensions are roughly 5' x 6'. Sometimes sold individually, but usually in a 2 pack. This is what makes them ideal.

I suspect Costco will have them again when the winter line of products comes out in August or September. Good luck!

The down throws on Amazon that are outdoor rated and packable all run in $50 to $60 range. In that price range you can usually find a pre-made for a few dollars more and save the time at the sewing machine for something else.

The appeal of the Costco quilt was/is the price tag. I made an UQ from a utility blanket I got at Wal-Mart for around $18. It worked ok, packs reasonably small, and keeps me warm on mild nights down to about 50, I would not recommend it for serious use on a long trip or where there will be major drops in temps.

Hammock
    Dutch Wide Netless
    Tarp
    DF Palace Tarp
    Insulation
    Hammock Gear Econ
    Suspension
    Dutch Cinch Buckle
    You didn't specify if it needed to be down so dont forget about the old DIY poncho liner UQ.

Hammock
    WB Eldorado
    Tarp
    Dutch Bonded Xenon
    Insulation
    Whooki/Burrow
    Suspension
    MyersTech/Becket
    I’ve spent a lot of time looking around for an alternative as cheap as the Costco but have yet to find one. I have a whole family getting into hammock camping and was looking for some cheap summer quilts.

• + New Posts