Tarp
    Hilleberg UL10
    Insulation
    Pad (soon)
    Suspension
    Strap and carabine
    Images
    Welcome!

Thanks for sharing, even if was not fun at the time, I bet you’ll look back at it with a smile,
    I can remember a night with CBS, due to my DIY under quilt not working as intended.
    At the time I was pissed at myself and a bit embarrassed, but my friend kept my spirits high and we had a good time.

I salute your great efforts!! Stay strong, you’ll get the hang of it! *pun intended*

Take care and have a nice summer. Cheers!

We are ready for our family trip this weekend. I made everyone underquilts using a modified version of the no-sew clew method I found on here. Overnight lows in the 50's and 60's, so as long as we keep the bottoms insulated, we should have perfect outdoor sleeping weather. I'll post pics when we get back.

Hammock
    HG Bug Net
    Tarp
    WB Thunderfly
    Insulation
    HG 20* Phoenix
    Welcome, and I'm sure many of us can say that we have been in the exact same place at one (or more) point or another! This forum has been an invaluable resource for me personally, then lots of repetition to get things down. I hope this trip goes well, and I'm excited to see some pictures!

Our first camping trip with the hammocks was a success! We stayed at Boulder Lake campground in Northern WI. Overnight lows were down to 50, but our homemade Walmart/clew underquilts worked great. The weather was beautiful except for one sudden thunderstorm that came out of nowhere and got our hammocks (uncovered at the time) soaked. But we dried them in front of the fire and everything was great for our final night. Can't wait to get out there again!

Hammocks.jpgTandem.jpgdryinghammocks.jpgunderquilt.jpg

• + New Posts
  • Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12