Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by cougarmeat View Post
    guilt4eva, I see your question was your first post - Welcome to the forum. Given that it was your first post, why do you want a “double” hammock? Are you just interested in the extra width for yourself? Because sometimes marketing departments show two people in one hammock and portray them as comfortable. I won’t go on about that because you may absolutely want a hammock in the dimensions of your candidates - for just yourself. If you are thinking “double hammock” means two people in the hammock, we should talk more.
    Thank you everyone for your comments! I didn't see any notifications for some reason, so only saw them now.

For a bit more background, I have a single hammock that I bought years ago on AliExpress for next to nothing. It is still going strong and is compact enough to throw in a backpack - sometimes I even forget I have it with me. I also love the fact that it was so cheap, so taking it everywhere and setting up anywhere is worry-less. However, I'm looking for a larger hammock that is more comfortable for long sleeps. I purchased a "Lixada" hammock (also from AliExpress), but the seams make it a bit uncomfortable. This is what I like about the Quechua - it is one colour with no seam. I know the NatureHike one has seams as well, but I was hoping that the way they were sewn in a way that was more comfortable than the Lixada one.

We're unfortunately not very spoilt for choice in South Africa with hammocks. I purchased a single and a double Quechua to check them out as they have a decent return policy. They seem pretty decent, but my main concerns are 1) they are pretty large when packed (the double is huge) - definitely can't throw that into a backpack unnoticed, and 2) I'm worried that the fabric is not as durable as the other nylon/parachute style hammocks. I'm still considering the NatureHike one as it seems way more compact and similar in size to the Quechua, but then the seams are a concern... Maybe I should just stick with that old AliExpress one ha ha

ps - I'm aware double does not mean 2 person, I'm just wanting something a bit bigger than my current single

I went to the decathlon site today to look up the dimensions on the quecha and i noticed that the US and UK decathlon sites actually have newer versions and they're longer!

$30 for an 11' 6" , 69" wide hammock seems like a good price.

https://www.decathlon.com/products/c...-person-327691

Maybe at some point it'll come through to the SA site.
    Last edited by MutterMumble; 07-17-2021 at 20:05.

• + New Posts
  • Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12