SLD Trail Lair
    Tarp
    SLD Asym
    Insulation
    Jacks R Better
    Suspension
    Whoopie Slings

WB Wookie with SLD Trail Lair

Sorry if I missed a similar thread in my research, I’m a rookie here. I’m wondering if anyone has tried a warbonnet Wookie under quilt with a simply light designs trail lair hammock. I use an 11 foot trail lair, thinking the Wookie for an XL blackbird would work fine, just looking to see if anyone else has tried that combo or at least tried the wookie with other gathered end hammocks besides the blackbird. Thanks!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hammock
    Chameleon/TE Happy Medium/SG
    Tarp
    Thunderfly/UGQ WD
    Insulation
    HG / LL
    Suspension
    Becket
    Images
    I have sold almost all of my conventional quilts and am using a Wookie or Wookie XL on my gathered end hammocks. Wookie XL works great on an 11' DWG Chameleon, which is very similar to a SLD Trail Lair.

I have also used the regular Wookie on 10' Dream Hammock Darien and of course the original Warbonnet Blackbird.

No fiddle factor with these...they are idiot proof. I never could get the regular UQs adjusted so that I didn't have a cold spot show up somewhere during the night. Get some small carabiners and a bit of shock cord so you can hang the head end of the Wookie/XL on your hammock's suspension or the continuous loop to give you the right fit so that you're not excessively stretching the Wookie/XL.

Hammock
    SLD Trail Lair
    Tarp
    SLD Asym
    Insulation
    Jacks R Better
    Suspension
    Whoopie Slings
    I was hoping that would be the case, thanks for your insight.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hammock
    Luxury Bridge, SLD Trail Lair
    Suspension
    Whoopie/Toogle
    Hello,

I already use a Trail Winder 10 ° with great satisfaction, but I was looking for something more insulated, not too heavy, to sleep in really cold conditions. I've just received a Scandinavian Wookie from an European vendor (https://www.outdoorline.sk). For information of European customers about this vendor : perfect service, very fast, and perfect package.

But I'm disappointed : despite what I've read here and on other thread, I can't perfectly adjust the Wookie on my Trail Lair, there is a gap between the underquilt and the hammock from the shoulder to my head when I'm in the hammock. I use a shock cord on the head-end with a mini biner connected to the suspension, I've tensed it as much as I dare (don't want to damage the Wookie) but I still have that gap...

The Trail Winder fit perfectly my 11' wide (70") Trail Lair, with no gap at all, and I'm used to this : I doubt this gap is something normal on that kind of underquilt made for arctic conditions, but maybe I'm wrong ?

Hammock
    Suspension
    Whoopie/Toogle
    I'm answering my own question: I've read this thread. My concerns are described and I found answers to my questions. Still a bit disappointed yet, since I thought a Wookie was very easy to install, without having to add some shock cord or anythings on the sides to get a good fit.
    Last edited by Zenon; 05-11-2023 at 10:12.

If you check the page in the top right corner is a window “advance search” and type: WB Wooki with Hennessy Expedition - Chameleon…. There is a little more mod info….

Hammock
    Suspension
    Whoopie/Toogle
    Thank you for the advice, I'm going to check this !

Quote Originally Posted by Zenon View Post
    Hello,

I already use a Trail Winder 10 ° with great satisfaction, but I was looking for something more insulated, not too heavy, to sleep in really cold conditions. I've just received a Scandinavian Wookie from an European vendor (https://www.outdoorline.sk). For information of European customers about this vendor : perfect service, very fast, and perfect package.

But I'm disappointed : despite what I've read here and on other thread, I can't perfectly adjust the Wookie on my Trail Lair, there is a gap between the underquilt and the hammock from the shoulder to my head when I'm in the hammock. I use a shock cord on the head-end with a mini biner connected to the suspension, I've tensed it as much as I dare (don't want to damage the Wookie) but I still have that gap...

The Trail Winder fit perfectly my 11' wide (70") Trail Lair, with no gap at all, and I'm used to this : I doubt this gap is something normal on that kind of underquilt made for arctic conditions, but maybe I'm wrong ?
    A number of folks here have said that that gap along the edge of a Wooki hasn't had a negative effect in terms of performance. I dunno...

Hammock
    Suspension
    Whoopie/Toogle
    @ Cabbo : Found the thread you were speaking about, thanks ! I will try some tricks tomorrow...

@ TominMN : You're right, and by the way Shug mentionned that gap in one of his videos, arguing it was not a problem for a sleeper. Still, I feel strange to see all that down covering nothing because of a loose, floating piece of fabric...

Same thing in this video from BackpackingthePNW

Gap on my Trail Lair (almost a divorce !)
    2023.jpg
    Last edited by Zenon; 05-12-2023 at 16:17.

• + New Posts