Hammock
    Coyote Pack - HMO
    Insulation
    Uglyquilt's

The Setup is Complete!

Hey all, Joined here a while back when I first got my hammock. Was doing a lot of reading on things and what not, happy to say I have finally completed my camping hammock setup. Today I received my Underquilt, Top quilt, and tarp! Have had the hammock for a while, and have used it plenty of times in the yard, and on car camping trips as well. Excited to get everything set up for a test night in the yard here soon.

Everything I have is from Hemlock Mountain Outdoors, after seeing how awesome the hammock itself was, I knew this was the place I would be getting the rest from as well!

I have a few photos, will post more in this thread of the completed setup once I get around to it.

Hammock itself is a CoyotePack, but I have the bugnet setup from his RedTail series hammocks.

For the top quilt and underquilt I went with a 50F version, as most my hammock camping will be during warmer months, this also keeps it a lot more "stuffable" to save as much room as possible, but will be more than warm enough for when I will be using it.

Top quilt has a snap together footbox.

Underquilt is very simple to adjust with shockcord.

And last photo (no photos of the tarp yet), comparing my new hammock camping sleep/shelter system to my old tent sleeping/shelter system. Huge space and weight savings here! Left 4 bags is the hammock system, everything else is the tent system. Both top/underquilt stuff into a medium sea to summit compression sack (very left in photo) very easily, with lots of room to spare. My tarp ridgeline/guy outs and extra cordage is also in there with them.

Attached Images Attached Images
    Manitoba, Canada
    First Ever Hang

Hammock
    DW Chameleon
    Tarp
    Tarpless
    Insulation
    HG
    Suspension
    Whoopie's
    Images
    Hm, been looking for a hammock for my wife and this might be perfect. They're symmetrical? Good prices on his gear.

I like that he makes a selfie stick video for most of the products. The pics on some cottage sites are rather lacking but his single-take couple-few minute videos do a good job showing you around the products.

The quilts are too heavy for my backpacking adventures but I might use him for my wife's gear/car camping.

Hammock
    Coyote Pack - HMO
    Insulation
    Uglyquilt's
    Symmetrical yes. Really great prices for the quality, I was very impressed hence buying everything else from him! He also will customize things for no extra charge (unless extra material etc. is needed). Cannot recommend enough, really great guy with a really great product!
    Manitoba, Canada
    First Ever Hang

That's a good looking set up. You should sleep well.

Hammock
    Coyote Pack - HMO
    Insulation
    Uglyquilt's
    should be decent yeah!
    Manitoba, Canada
    First Ever Hang

Hammock
    El Dorado
    Tarp
    Varies
    Insulation
    UQ varies
    Suspension
    Whoopie
    Looks like monkeys would be envious of how well you sleep hanging from the trees.

Both top/underquilt stuff into a medium sea to summit compression sack (very left in photo) very easily, with lots of room to spare. My tarp ridgeline/guy outs and extra cordage is also in there with them.
    Any reason why you keep the cordage with the quilts? Why expose them to the weather while grabbing your cordage.

Sent from my KFTRWI using Tapatalk

Hammock
    Warbonnet, Eldorado, Ridgerunner
    Tarp
    WB thunderfly, etc
    Insulation
    WB Wookie
    Suspension
    Whoopie slings etc
    I like that color a lot. Now that you've had it a few months, any more comments on how it's working out for you?

I'd have though that a 50 degree out in Manitoba would be good for about 3 months and then one would have a 0 degree on order, fast.

• + New Posts