Quote Originally Posted by jeepmaxx View Post
Where do you pack your hammock and why? Do you put it in your pack liner or outside of pack liner or even on outside of pack? I plan for tarp to go in outside pocket and of course quilts in pack liner, but what if hammock gets a little wet in the pack?
I open my pack liner and place stuff that can't get wet: Quilts, UQP, sleep clothes, extra socks & underwear, Battery charger, battery block & cables

Then I squeeze the air out, roll the top of the liner down, and put my foodbag on top, center, upright, and against my back (for balance). Hammock in bishop bag goes behind the foodbag, and my cook kit, first aid kit & ditty bags all get stuffed in both sides of the food bag. If I have a puffy, it's in a light dry bag placed on top before I close the pack so I can get to it during breaks.

My pack is highly water-resistant, so little rain gets in when hiking in the rain. My hammock stays protected. If I was using one of my older, larger packs that let too much rain in, I'd place the hammock on top in the pack liner.

When I break camp in the rain, I'm under the tarp as I'm packing. The pack stays dry when it's closed up. Then the tarp comes down and gets stowed in the mesh pocket.

When I get to camp, it all comes out in reverse order. The tarp is pitched, my gear, and I are now out of the rain, so I can set up camp slowly and methodically, get into dry clothes, and start dinner.