Rae Lakes Loop and hammocks?

Going in September to do the Rae Lakes Loop from Roads End. Anyone have experience doing this loop with hammock?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hammock
    Dutchware Chameleon Hexon 1.6
    Tarp
    WB Thunderfly
    Insulation
    HG Incubator 20*
    Suspension
    June Bugs
    Are you going after the quota season? I managed to snag a permit for the weekend after labor day. Starting at the same place, but we are starting from Bubb's creek. I'm planning on tenting though, but brining a netless "just in case" , I will just use my pad in the hammock if I can hang.

Quote Originally Posted by arcana73 View Post
    Are you going after the quota season? I managed to snag a permit for the weekend after labor day. Starting at the same place, but we are starting from Bubb's creek. I'm planning on tenting though, but brining a netless "just in case" , I will just use my pad in the hammock if I can hang.
    We will be starting a couple of days after you. We are coming from the mountains of eastern Tennessee where I hammock exclusively, but do a trip or two out west every year and usually bring the tent for those trips. But have been curious whether Rae Lakes was suitable for my hammock.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Hammock
    Dutch PolyD
    Tarp
    MacCat standard
    Insulation
    Undergound Quilt
    Suspension
    Arrowhead whoopies
    I hiked to the Rae Lakes from Onion Valley (east side) a couple years ago. I had a tent, but was looking for hanging locations. There are definitely places to hang near the Rae Lakes, also near Charlotte Lake. I'm not sure about the rest of the loop, but I suspect you could make it work. Bring long straps, the trees are huge out there

If you have time, you should check out Kearsarge Lakes, very scenic.

Quote Originally Posted by wsp_scott View Post
    I hiked to the Rae Lakes from Onion Valley (east side) a couple years ago. I had a tent, but was looking for hanging locations. There are definitely places to hang near the Rae Lakes, also near Charlotte Lake. I'm not sure about the rest of the loop, but I suspect you could make it work. Bring long straps, the trees are huge out there

If you have time, you should check out Kearsarge Lakes, very scenic.
    Thanks for the info. Very helpful. Had not thought about longer straps, but sounds like a necessity out there. And I actually have an additional permit for the loop via Kearsarge in mid-August. Probably will not get used unless something changes in the next few weeks.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Hammock
    Blackbird XLC
    Tarp
    Warbonnet Minifly
    Insulation
    Wookie
    I did the loop a couple of years ago and another trip through Rae Lakes proper last year, both with my Ridgerunner, plenty of options. Rae Lakes themselves may be the most limited, but there's still plenty of options. Right down on the lakes can be a little limited depending on who's already set up where. Vidette Meadow, Junction Meadow, Sphinx Crossing, Middle Paradise, Upper Paradise, Woods Creek all have many good options, especially if you walk off the trail a minute or two and avoid the overused areas where everyone else is at.

• + New Posts