Split Rock Lighthouse state park camping.

Went to Splitrock Lighthouse state park this weekend for some camping with the family. We’ve always done a lot of traveling and camping with the kids even when they were first born. Last. Couple of years we have been trying to break them in to backpacking. Split rock light house has some really nice hike in sights that are less than a mile. When me and my wife are looking for something easier this is a favorite of ours. Easy water access for filtering and they have steel food boxes at each site. It’s only about a 3/4 mile hike in. We have them take their own pack with there clothes sleeping bag and pad etc. Got to try sleeping in my hammock for the first time. Storm rolled through last night and the sky was amazing. Sadly we had to cut the trip short because it decided to pour all day today after not seeing rain for 3 weeks. But the rain sure was welcome
    4621EB0B-9189-4554-BD4B-FFA64B5ED0FE.jpeg3D7B1AE2-6147-4145-9DC9-1330FA221031.jpg320D9332-4D41-4EBB-BE4E-555B3025FC4A.jpg

Hammock
    WL Lite Owl
    Tarp
    WB Thunderfly
    Insulation
    LL UQ, WB Diamond
    Suspension
    Whoopie or BH
    Great looking photos! Hope you still enjoyed the shorter time outdoors with your family. Better to head home early than have it become no fun and risk having others not want to go again. Roughing it out perhaps is better with different participants.

And how was your hang?

It’s always a blast to get outside and yeah at ages 13 and 15 they have gotten a bit finicky about things over the last few years. Had to bring some magic the gathering decks along to keep my son entertained

The hang was great. Best sleep I’ve gotten outside in quite some time. Just took a while to get the angles right because it was on this weird slope and I had to get the one strap pretty high up. Hard to tell that from the photo but it was still fun setting it all up.

• + New Posts