Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Hammock
    Dream Hammock Sparrow : SLD
    Tarp
    HG : SLD
    Insulation
    HG : SLD : WB
    i love grayson highlands area, i've been going every year since 2017 (heck i have even drove the 6 1/2 hour drive to do what was supposed to be a 2 night trip that turned out to be an overnighter haha). i've introduced 2 other families to the area and introducing some more friends on 4th of july weekend when we do a 20ish mile loop.

i have basically the same loop planned out but starting at the at the backpackers lot in grayson highlands. two of the trails i'm thinking about doing is the cliffside trail trail and mount rogers trail but i'm thinking about doing the pine mountain trail instead of doing mount rogers trail. i've hiked the pine mountain trail and really like it and trying to plan a route with a lot of views since this will be my friends first time there. how is mt rogers trail ie is it all in the woods or are there some views and would you say it is worth hiking or should i do pine mountain instead. if there is something worth seeing on mt rogers trail i don't mind doing it.

thanks and i enjoyed your video.
    There's magic in the woods,
    if you know where to look for it.
    -Pete's Dragon

Hammock
    Yes
    Tarp
    Doors for sure
    Insulation
    Love some down
    Suspension
    Usualy helps
    Quote Originally Posted by cmoulder View Post
    Great video!

And I'm jealous because some friends and I had planned a similar loop there in early May but the forecast was horrible so we did a local trip instead. Of course we followed the weather to see if the dismal forecast came to be, and it did, so we did not regret our decision.

Gonna go visit the ponies at some point, though!
    Thank you. Worth the trip.

Hammock
    Yes
    Tarp
    Doors for sure
    Insulation
    Love some down
    Suspension
    Usualy helps
    Quote Originally Posted by soul embrace View Post
    i love grayson highlands area, i've been going every year since 2017 (heck i have even drove the 6 1/2 hour drive to do what was supposed to be a 2 night trip that turned out to be an overnighter haha). i've introduced 2 other families to the area and introducing some more friends on 4th of july weekend when we do a 20ish mile loop.

i have basically the same loop planned out but starting at the at the backpackers lot in grayson highlands. two of the trails i'm thinking about doing is the cliffside trail trail and mount rogers trail but i'm thinking about doing the pine mountain trail instead of doing mount rogers trail. i've hiked the pine mountain trail and really like it and trying to plan a route with a lot of views since this will be my friends first time there. how is mt rogers trail ie is it all in the woods or are there some views and would you say it is worth hiking or should i do pine mountain instead. if there is something worth seeing on mt rogers trail i don't mind doing it.

thanks and i enjoyed your video.
    Thank you. The Mount Rogers Trail is mostly a tunnel climbing up the back side of Mount Rogers without any clear views. Once you are on the AT around Thomas Knob things start to open up until you get back into the woods on the way down to Wise shelter.

• + New Posts
  • Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12