Tarp
    WB superfly.
    Insulation
    Underquilt
    Suspension
    DIY 2 inch 15k lbs

Between Two Trees He Rests Comfortably.

I don't want to brag or anything but...

I bought this Warbonnet hammock and it has opened up a whole new world for me.

I never used a hammock to camp in the past. As a matter of fact, I often looked at hammocks with a skeptical eye. I just didn't get it. Then last year I struggled pretty bad with getting any kind of rest in my tent on a motorcycle camping trip I took with some guys I hardly knew. This one guy from Switzerland (older than I) was using a hammock and seemingly LOVING it. We were up in the Northern Cascade Mountains in Washington State. No matter how hard I tried I just couldn't get my set up to be comfortable like it had been in the past. So I asked the guy about his "set up" and he said, "he could never go back to tent camping". He explained to me about getting the "hang" right, having an under quilt, yadda, yadda. I listened, but I didn't really hear what he was saying. Well, I had another week left of my Northwest Passage trip and as the days went on I was not enjoying myself. I was as uncomfortable as I have ever been on a camping trip in my life. Everything hurt. As a matter of fact I ended up going home early as the other guys carried on eastward, kicking up dust and having a blast. The guy in the hammock? He had no trouble heading east right along side of them. Was my motorcycle camping days over? Is this how my life's favorite activity was going to end? I researched and I researched. I read everything I could about hammock camping. The more I read, the more hope I gained. I ended up going with Warbonnet Eldorado hammock, an under quilt and a super fly tarp. It (the hammock) has a bug screen that is zipped to it, and I bought some other accessories to make life a little easier during set up. The first time I pitched it and climbed in I KNEW!! This was IT!
    I have a 1300 mile off road motorcycle trip planned for July 1st, from Nevada up to Canada and I am very excited about how this "hammock camping" thing is going to go. Well ladies and gentlemen, I hope to make some new friends here on the forums and learn a thing or two about the "perfect hang". My name is Reed and I like Morning Coffee. Cheers.

Hammock
    Dutchware Chameleon
    Tarp
    Winterdream 12
    Insulation
    HG 0 UQ / 20 TQ
    Suspension
    ENO Atlas Straps
    Images
    Another satisfied hammock story. Glad you're getting the "hang" of it!

Hammock
    WB Eldorado/DIY
    Tarp
    WB MiniFly/DIY 12'
    Insulation
    WB Wooki/HG Burrow
    Suspension
    DW Spider/Beetle
    Welcome Reed! Great story! I motorcycle camp too, and I also have a Warbonnet Eldorado, along with a Warbonnet Wooki 20F under quilt, and a DIY tarp. It has completely changed the way I travel, and in a good way.

If you are sitting down, and have a few minutes, look into the Tensa4 hammock stand. It also has completely changed the way I travel. Tensa Outdoors

Hammock
    SLD Trail Lair
    Tarp
    Tadpole
    Insulation
    HG 20 Econ Phoenix
    Suspension
    Fiddling...
    Welcome, Reed! Those adventures you have planned sound like a perfect way to get to know your hammock.

Charlotte

• + New Posts